MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group functions like hf.net?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys

I want to make the function of groups same as hf.net, members can create groups then other members can join on their groups.

Is this any kind of plugin or is alredy an option on mybb?

Thanks
Pretty sure Labrocca created that plugin just for HF and doesn't intend on releasing it. I don't know of any alternatives either.
Thats all I wanted to know, thanks a lot!
You could always post a thread in the plugin requests forum and see if anybody is feeling generous Smile
LOL..that's default MyBB features. Why do people think it's different?
(2012-09-27, 09:00 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]LOL..that's default MyBB features. Why do people think it's different?

Members can't create groups so that users join them. Administrators can.
(2012-09-27, 07:33 PM)Deer Wrote: [ -> ]I want to make the function of groups same as hf.net, members can create groups then other members can join on their groups.

The administrator creates the group manually. Groups can be joined via the User CP. That's exactly what labrocca does...
(2012-09-27, 07:41 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure Labrocca created that plugin just for HF and doesn't intend on releasing it. I don't know of any alternatives either.

(2012-09-27, 09:48 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-27, 07:33 PM)Deer Wrote: [ -> ]I want to make the function of groups same as hf.net, members can create groups then other members can join on their groups.

The administrator creates the group manually. Groups can be joined via the User CP. That's exactly what labrocca does...

Yes but for example /showgroups.php file is not added, also group leaders etc...

But I got the method how to make it now, thank you guys!
showgroups.php is a custom page. Should be simple enough for anyone to create.
On HF a lot of people make temporary or unofficial groups. All official groups are made by Labrocca. I believe he uses the default features that come in with the MyBB Package but if there are more such as group shoutout then you can get such plugins from the MyBB Mods. All plugins that Labrocca use are either for HF only or gives them away to MyBBC subscribers.
Pages: 1 2