MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: It would be nice to have an additional.css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It would be nice to have a additional.css template so we can add css changes to one area. It would be called after all other css files so that anything in the additional.css file would override all other css entries.

The additional.css would be shown here:

[attachment=27335]
create the aditional.css and add !important to your atributtes
I think he's talking about plugins. If not my question would be why not just edit the main.css so there are less files that need to be requested?
I'm referring to css modifications. For example if I wanted to make a change to a particular css class, I would put it in the additional.css file. This way all my modifications related to css would be kept in one place.

What is important is that the additional.css file gets called last so it overrides the css classes in the global.css and other css files called before it.
I don't understand why you wouldn't just edit the CSS file that the class is in though.
(2012-09-30, 05:06 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why you wouldn't just edit the CSS file that the class is in though.

Because css edits would then be spread out over five different css templates. By having an additional.css template for the purpose of putting your modifications into, I can easily find my css edits in one place. It's also easier to do upgrades to newer software this way.
I don't understand why CSS edits would be spread out to five different templates. Why not just edit the default one and add all the stuff you need to that?
(2012-09-30, 05:49 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why CSS edits would be spread out to five different templates. Why not just edit the default one and add all the stuff you need to that?

Which one is the default css template? Lets assume it's global.css, are you saying that all css edits I create should be placed at the bottom of the global.css template? Does the global.css template run last?

Again I think it would be a great idea to have a specific css template for the purpose of css overrides. This additional.css template would run last.
(2012-09-30, 02:11 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-30, 05:49 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why CSS edits would be spread out to five different templates. Why not just edit the default one and add all the stuff you need to that?

Which one is the default css template? Lets assume it's global.css, are you saying that all css edits I create should be placed at the bottom of the global.css template? Does the global.css template run last?

Again I think it would be a great idea to have a specific css template for the purpose of css overrides. This additional.css template would run last.

I would like this.
In MyBB 1.8 we have added the ability to re-order style sheets which, from the sounds of it, would solve your idea.
Pages: 1 2 3 4