MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Analytics for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Google analytics, how can I install it on my forum?
You Can Check This Plugin

http://mods.mybb.com/view/google-analytics
(2012-09-30, 08:22 AM)Marks-Mans Wrote: [ -> ]You Can Check This Plugin

http://mods.mybb.com/view/google-analytics

It has bad reviews and I wont use it, but thanks. Smile

Is there another way?

Ok I have inserted it on the footer, now how should I know if its working?
You can also add it in headerinclude template.
(2012-09-30, 09:36 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You can also add it in headerinclude template.

Added, now how should I know if its enabled?
(2012-10-01, 11:29 AM)Dusteh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-30, 09:36 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You can also add it in headerinclude template.

Added, now how should I know if its enabled?

Wait one or 2 days untill graphs start to show up.
dont put it in headerinclude. put it the footer template. this is for performance reasons. there is no impact on the user display, so why put it in the header where it has to be downloaded and and parsed before the rest of the site is displayed?

also, never use a plugin for such simple template edits. the GA site gives you the whole code you need, so just copy it and paste it into the template.
(2012-10-01, 08:32 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]just copy it and paste it into the template.

Please explain to the beginner. In which file you want to insert the code?

Square theme.

Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > (your default templates) > Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude.
--
Admin CP » Шаблоны & Стили » Шаблоны (Наборы Шаблонов) » (ваш включенный шаблон) » Остальные шаблоны » headerinclude.
--
But it must be added to each template forum.
When you edit a design forget about this code.

Is there a plugin that inserts the code in the header and footer?
Or, instead of templates where you can insert the code to make it work in all templates?
Using plugin is better. If it has bad reviews then made one for you! :idea:
@Vadim, if you add the code in the footer template then it is inserted in to each & every page of your forum

Assuming that you are using MyBB 1.8
you can add the Google Analytics code at the bottom of the footer template
admin panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> forum active theme templates >> Footer Templates >> footer
Pages: 1 2