MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disgrace! I deleted ME....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Sirs!
Sorry for my bad English ... I will try to make myself understood.
I am the founder and administrator of a forum that talks about medical help to infertile couples.
Yesterday ... I made a bullshit! While I ordered the permissions I clicked on "delete user". I deleted ME!
My situation is this: I have two backups, one of about 10 days ago and one yesterday (after the damage!).
I tried a solution very unscientific ... but I think, if done well, perhaps, it might work!
I tried to upload (top up yesterday), via MySql, ONLY THE DATABASE:
mybb_upgrade_data
mybb_userfields
mybb_usergroups
mybb_users
mybb_usertitles
(those involving 7 days ago)... so I kept the topic of today, restoring the user who I was. Unfortunately, in the list of users I recreated (OK!).... but resulted in the individual post "unsubscribed". Angry
Why did not restore the user who was also in the topic?
Or I could try the opposite: that is, load up 10 days ago and after ... above this, only the MySql relating MYBB_POST ... but even this does not work!

Maybe I forgot something ...
However, the only home I need is to restore MYSELF (date registration number mex, etc ...).

Please help, this forum is now closed!

Sad

Excuse me if I insist ... but I'm really sorry and disappointed with the damage I have caused.

Sad
When you delete a user that has posts from your MyBB forum the connection between that user and the posts they have made is permanently severed. Restoring the database can solve these issues, but you stand the risk of adding duplicates or removing information that has changed since the 'accident'.

To solve this create a new account and change the uid associated with the account to 1 (assuming that you are the founder that is what is would have been):

update mybb_users set uid = original_uid where uid = new_account_uid;

Then you will need to associate those posts and threads with the account again (as MyBB resets them to 0):

update mybb_posts set uid = original_uid where uid = 0 and username = 'your username here';

In both code samples replace:

original_uid with 1 (or whatever your account uid was)
new_account_uid with the uid of the account you just created and
your username here with your original username (in single quotes)

Note: You should really have a localhost or test site to test things like this on in most cases, but seeing as you are at crisis point . . .
Next time Take Sql Back Up From Phpmyadmin

Dont take it from admin cp

If You take Sql Backup From admin cp it will be missing many things
(2012-09-30, 02:59 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]When you delete a user that has posts from your MyBB forum the connection between that user and the posts they have made is permanently severed. Restoring the database can solve these issues, but you stand the risk of adding duplicates or removing information that has changed since the 'accident'.

To solve this create a new account and change the uid associated with the account to 1 (assuming that you are the founder that is what is would have been):

update mybb_users set uid = original_uid where uid = new_account_uid;

Then you will need to associate those posts and threads with the account again (as MyBB resets them to 0):

update mybb_posts set uid = original_uid where uid = 0 and username = 'your username here';

In both code samples replace:

original_uid with 1 (or whatever your account uid was)
new_account_uid with the uid of the account you just created and
your username here with your original username (in single quotes)

Note: You should really have a localhost or test site to test things like this on in most cases, but seeing as you are at crisis point . . .

Wildcard!
Thank you, thank you very much for having responded Wildcard!

Here is my site:
http://www.maestrigiardinieri.org/index.php

If you try to click on the image of the baby (home page) you will see that the first post (mine) is a user "abitastele" which is "Unregistered".
If you then click on the user list, you'll see that more "abitastele" (always me) is with 1210 posts!
I managed to do this by importing only MYBB_USERS in MySql .... but as you see I can not CONNECT accounts.

You've proposed a solution, but forgive me, because different language (and my incompetence!) I can't follow you...
Please explain step by step how to do this .....

INFINITE thanks for your help!

Shy
Do you have access to phpMyAdmin (and do you feel comfortable with it)?

If so, then use this query to renew the association between your account and the posts you have made:

If you don't feel comfortable with doing that PM me and I'll try to help further.
Wildcard, you are our savior!
I will never cease to thank you! (sorry again for my bad English ...).
If you give me an email address I'll send you password, usename, and two backups in my possession (the old one which I existed and the recent one, with all topic).
I think that the old backup you need to make a copy and paste of the date of registration, number of posts, etc...

If tomorrow morning the community was 100% it would be a miracle!
PM me with the test account info and we can go from there.
Ok, I'll send you immediately via PM. I will open tomorrow, a post about you on my forum, to thank you publicly.
I uploaded the latest database, the one where I deleted myself.
In short, all posts are updated .... miss just me and the connection with the post!
Instead of the "old database" I've gathered (via MySQL) these sensitive and important data that should be restored because they contain the date of registration, the number post, etc:

uid: 1
username: abitastele
email: [email protected]
postnum: 1210
avatar: ./uploads/avatars/avatar_1.jpg?dateline=1321363799
usergroup: 4
additionalgroups: 3
displaygroup: 2
regdate: 1316949447
lastactive: 1348399491
lastvisit: 1348399137
lastpost: 1348337827
timeonline: 1328966
totalpms: 479

I wait your miracle...

Angel
(2012-09-30, 07:53 PM)ArabaFenice Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I'll send you immediately via PM. I will open tomorrow, a post about you on my forum, to thank you publicly.
I uploaded the latest database, the one where I deleted myself.
In short, all posts are updated .... miss just me and the connection with the post!
Instead of the "old database" I've gathered (via MySQL) these sensitive and important data that should be restored because they contain the date of registration, the number post, etc:

uid: 1
username: abitastele
password:
salt:
loginkey:
email: [email protected]
postnum: 1210
avatar: ./uploads/avatars/avatar_1.jpg?dateline=1321363799
usergroup: 4
additionalgroups: 3
displaygroup: 2
regdate: 1316949447
lastactive: 1348399491
lastvisit: 1348399137
lastpost: 1348337827
timeonline: 1328966
totalpms: 479

I wait your miracle...

Angel

I recommend you to remove the password hash, login key and the salt since people can get your password now easily using brute-force.

Ah well, "easily".
why they hurt me ... if I, and my website, never hurt they?

Sleepy
Pages: 1 2