MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everybody:
I'm having the well-known problem with "fake" login (forum shows the welcome message but i'm not logged in). I'd read all threats and wiki instructions but it doesn't work. The cookies configuration is ok: .mysite.com for the domain and / for the path --as forum is the root--, i'd cleaned the browsers' cookies (both, IE and Firefox) and i'd checked the whole thing once again... And still nothing.
Before uploading the forum to the actual site i'd installed a version on my test server (WAMP) and it worked fine: the problem is in the live server (a remote LAMP). I really don't know what i'm doing wrong... Any idea? (i'm running ver 1.2).
Try deleting the install DIR.. or re-naming it to "xxxx xxx install" or something else etc Smile

But you really should delete it. Wink
Hi Ozidave: Thanks for your quick answer. Ok, install dir deleted and browser refreshed (cookies and cache) but still nothing... Another suggestion?
Nothing in your details...

What's the url to your website.. ?

BTW.. You you didn't use any of the files you used in WAMP or SLAMPP etc, in the upload to the website, did you ??
Ozidave Wrote:What's the url to your website.. ?

cubonet.org and you can use demotest/demotest
Thanks again!
re-read the previous edited post.. Wink
Sorry. No, the installation in the live server is fresh i just copied the images files and css instructions, nothing else.
The language is a problem But... Have you tried sending a "forgotten password" to yourself to see if you didn't make a typo.. ?

It's a hard one because it's all there.. ...

Wait a minute until I try to register.. Wink
Ozidave Wrote:The language is a problem But... Have you tried sending a "forgotten password" to yourself to see if you didn't make a typo.. ?
The system sent me a new random generated password but i can't login with it. Do you want i change lang settings for you to work?
There is something wrong with installation, as it doesn't show the capcha image for me to register..

It may be a bug, but I doubt it.. And I'm not too sure where to go from here...

I can't register to change My language to English.. But I don't have a lot of trouble interpreting what is required.. Smile

Verificación de la ImagenEscribe el texto que aparece en la imagen de la derecha, en el campo que esta abajo. Este proceso se usa para evitar registros automáticos.
(no distingue MAYUSC/minusc)

No Capcha Code entered...

Check the chmod on config.php 644 and settings.php 666

Or,

Try a fresh install, and I know it's in English and sometimes difficult.. But that's my best option at the moment. And delete the install folder before going to the forum..
Pages: 1 2 3