MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: server 500 error on upgrade to 1.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
yeah, thanks a heap! Big Grin It's not godaddy's problem, as much as everyone would like to think. I upgraded another godaddy member just this morning, with absolutely no problems. I've been happy with them since I got started!
Can you send me a PM with your website URL and FTP details so I can take a look at file permissions and do a bit of debugging?

Chris
i also have this problem, you can view the error at forum.backstageneopets.com , if you get jude's working can you help me with mine
Sure, Chris! I'll send you that info in a PM! Thanks for taking a look!

Chris Wrote:From a quick glance at the GoDaddy help documents (keeping in mind I've never used GoDaddy or seen their control panel), I can see that you can export databases but can't find any mention of importing them. I'm sure that if you contact them they'd be able to restore your SQL backup for you or alternatively you can install PHPMyAdmin yourself and restore it (or if you'd like me to install PHPMyAdmin when I take a look at your forums make sure you mention it as well)
Yeah, and I tried following the instructions on restoring the database that are posted here, but it didn't make sense! Though if you're going to take a look, I'll wait to see what you find out. I did ftp my backed up files, so the forum would function again, even stripped as it now is, which is better than an error message. Though I don't know what you mean when you say you can install PHPMyAdmin when you take a look?? I guess I'll just wait until you've logged in and taken a look at the permissions and stuff! Big Grin

Nekng, did you get it working already? Your forum looks fine...well, at least the bit I can see! Big Grin
nekng Wrote:i also have this problem, you can view the error at forum.backstageneopets.com , if you get jude's working can you help me with mine

Don't see anything wrong with that.
just so you know the admin cp still works, also i have the old(not realsed) verstion of the news mod and that also works, however as far as i can tell the fornt end will not work

edit: rss also works
also, before i upgraded i replaced the new setting files with the old ones, could that be what is causing this problem?
ALSO: This error only shows on I.E for me
I tried the upgrade again today, just to see if it wasn't a fluke. Got the same exact internal server error, but it is definitely a permissions issue.  I put my old files back and now all of a sudden it looks normal..guess some file didn't upload (been having problems with ftp apparently)...but the forum isn't stable.  I tried to change the permission on config.php to 755, but it says I don't have permission to do this?  WTF?  I should!  Anyway, I deleted the config.php and init.php and uploaded them again (so far so good).  I'm afraid to mess with the permissions again, since the forum crashes everytime I do it.  I hope you can take a look at all this soon, chris!  I'm going to hold off on anything else until I get some help on this!  Thanks in advance!

Otherwise, I guess I'll be forced to stay with 1.2.

EDIT:  I did call Godaddy but I'm on a shared server, so they can't access the server logs due to privacy issues.   Though they doubt it's the server's problem, more like something with the ugrade just conflicted! Hope we can get to the bottom of this.  My forum is still running ok (I've got my fingers crossed), but I'm a bit worried about not being able to change the permissions on that file!  That has me stumped.  Never had that problem before!

And I just did the security patch, so at least I'm protected from that threat! Big Grin
judel Wrote:EDIT: I did call Godaddy but I'm on a shared server, so they can't access the server logs due to privacy issues. Though they doubt it's the server's problem, more like something with the ugrade just conflicted! Hope we can get to the bottom of this. My forum is still running ok (I've got my fingers crossed), but I'm a bit worried about not being able to change the permissions on that file! That has me stumped. Never had that problem before!

Thats a bunch of BS. I run my site on a shared server and I can access my own apache logs. GoDaddy is ripping you off :\
Pages: 1 2 3 4