MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: server 500 error on upgrade to 1.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
She said they can't access.
Yes accessing users server logs isn't an good thing. Although you should be able to see your own logs.
As I said before, you can pay for a host that is cheaper and actually lets you view your own logs. Any cPanel host would have the ability to let you view your own apache logs
I sincerely doubt a cheaper host would allow me to view my logs!  Godaddy might have its faults, but I have a lot of storage and bandwidth for the little bit of money I pay (about $3.19 a month)...and who knows what kind of pain in the a** it would be to transfer it all just for this upgrade!  I don't see how it's worth all that!

And Tiki, it sounds like you have some serious personal issues with Godaddy! Toungue
judel Wrote:I sincerely doubt a cheaper host would allow me to view my logs! Godaddy might have its faults, but I have a lot of storage and bandwidth for the little bit of money I pay (about $3.19 a month)...and who knows what kind of pain in the a** it would be to transfer it all just for this upgrade! I don't see how it's worth all that!

And Tiki, it sounds like you have some serious personal issues with Godaddy! Toungue
You cant doubt that a cheaper host would allow you to view your logs. Its a fact. cPanel lets you view logs by default! Go around and ask, any host other than GoDaddy will allow you to view your logs.
Say your site is hacked, you wont be able to get the IP because you cant even view your own logs.
judel Wrote:And Tiki, it sounds like you have some serious personal issues with Godaddy! Toungue

The issue I have with GoDaddy is they're the ones who caused the most installation/upgrade problems (such as this) :mad:
Godaddy is a terrible host. btw..If you want PM me your url. Maybe I will give you free hosting. I could probably help you update as well if you need that.
Sounds like this is going to turn into a total nightmare where everyone is blaming godaddy! Don't think I want to deal with this!
Apache says:

[Fri Sep 29 21:54:37 2006] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: http://www.domain.com/usercp.php?action=profile
http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-tutes/tutorial_...y_mean.php
Read more about the common causes of "Premature end of script headers" by Googling it.
hi my forum still has this problem, but only in some verstions Internet expleror, here is my error log:
[Sun Oct 1 01:42:53 2006] [error] [client 24.126.4.214] File does not exist: /home2/backsta/public_html/forum/500.shtml [Sun Oct 1 01:42:53 2006] [error] [client 24.126.4.214] Premature end of script headers: /home2/backsta/public_html/forum/index.php [Sun Oct 1 01:42:51 2006] [error] [client 24.126.4.214] File does not exist: /home2/backsta/public_html/forum/500.shtml [Sun Oct 1 01:42:51 2006] [error] [client 24.126.4.214] Premature end of script headers: /home2/backsta/public_html/forum/index.php [Sun Oct 1 01:26:53 2006] [error] [client 139.18.2.81] File does not exist: /home2/backsta/public_html/topsites/404.shtml [Sun Oct 1 01:26:53 2006] [error] [client 139.18.2.81] File does not exist: /home2/backsta/public_html/topsites/robots.txt [Sun Oct 1 01:25:48 2006] [error] [client 24.126.4.214] File does not exist: /home2/backsta/public_html/forum/500.shtml [Sun Oct 1 01:25:48 2006] [error] [client 24.126.4.214] Premature end of script headers: /home2/backsta/public_html/forum/index.php 

also i read the page liked to above, but that still does not explane why this is an I.E error only effecting some verstions.

edit: i tryed chmoding the forum directry and every thing in it to 755 but i still get the error
Pages: 1 2 3 4