MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GamingGeneral.net* Rising Gaming & General Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello MyBB.

Im here to showcase my website based on Gaming & General discussions.

We are a friendly community that has just started getting active.

You will find that a membership on our website is more than just a membership. Right away you will meet friendly and awesome people.

You will already get access to the shoutbox. There is a point system as well.

30 Points just for signing up.

So what are you waiting for! Sign up now!.

Normal Website Link Click here!

Quick Register (Click Here)

Thanks for looking & your time!
-Remove the shoutbox
-Let guests see content (or no one will register)
-Too many forums
-Your niche is the two most common niches EVER
Remove:
  • Milestones & Achievements
  • Youtube Section

Secondly:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127412-...#pid922404

I'm glad to see you used a lot of my suggestions for removing forums.
Though don't post two showcase threads for the same forum.

Also i do not see a logo just a heads up on that last thing. And dont hide post from guest, you can hide the content of a thread but please dont hide the threadlist / number of post and thread numbers.

The higher those last things are the more people will feel they join a community Smile
(2012-10-14, 09:25 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]-Remove the shoutbox
-Too many forums

This pretty much.
(2012-10-14, 10:37 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-14, 09:25 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]-Remove the shoutbox
-Too many forums

This pretty much.

I agree with most of these, been very busy making huge changes. When you guys seen it, it probably was messed up at the time.

Youtube section is custom coded.

Its a gaming forum, be opened minded. I know you can look at any huge gaming forums and be like wow this is nothing like that but i try. I made it grow a community of gamers.
Well, the header is still pretty huge, but I see you are posting and creating content so that is good. Its a LOT of work keeping all those forums with fresh content - this is why we advise you to have less forums when starting out. If you have friends who can be "in charge" of some of those sections that might help you a bit. The thread to post ratio is good.

I think the video section needs a bit more work - for a sharper look I would consider trying out the other layout for videos from MyBBHacks - it looks a lot sharper and more professional.

Your on/off gifs are too small and don't really match the rest - try and either reduce the size of the big forum icons or bring the on/off into the same scale.

on the threadlist you have some of the dot icons missing - that makes it look unpolished. That sidebar is really long - try and reduce it a bit - it is making the main content look odd, especially as the footer is not fixed to the bottom of the page.

You need to fix that breadcrumb - the image is not there. Either fix the image, disable it in ACP or hide it in your css

.pagination_breadcrumb_link << set to display:none;

Not bad though - seen a LOT worse in showcase.
I agree the the video section needs more work. It's a little messy and the different, uncoordinated colors aren't needed.
I see you have youdontgamelike.us theme

I'm guessing you got it from a ripping site :@ ive seen it already.

Words of advice:

- Make a custom theme.
- Buy a premium/custom theme.
I would check that statement, but something is up with the site you are referring to: hosting suspended. Sad
yeah i noticed would you like a link to the ripped theme ad?

youdontgamelike.us theme:

[Image: cnK60.png]

[Image: 249dacadfd749f458502566bbc2e7e1a.png]
Pages: 1 2 3