MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Threads — General Discussion Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: uJk1H.png]

Forum Name: General Threads
Forum URL: http://general threads .com
Category/Niche: General discussion, community, and board.
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Pa3jP.png

I had just recently launched the website less than 7 days ago, making an attempt here to let it be known so I could attract an audience but also get structural critique from the big board owners and overall suggestions to enhance the community itself.

The general purpose behind GT is that there is a wide range of topics being covered and distributed evenly into their appropriate forums. Members can benefit through bi-weekly contests of financial incentives but also learn a thing or two as content begins to increase throughout the forums.

I've invested, created, ran, and closed down websites prematurely in the past assuming they'll never get far. GT is just my last project that I'll let it be with no intentions or agendas attached. Early next Spring I'm enlisting with the U.S. military and I want to leave knowing that I had at least successfully accomplished at least 1 website with it's fullest potential.

So there you have it, a brief summary of it all. I hope to once again get advice or suggesting responses on how to or what you'd like to see improved on GT. Thanks for reading.
I'm iffy about the thead images but I do like the bubbly design, I'll be joining up and browsing around to see.
The design is nice, but niche is tough. Good luck.
Looks really nice not to crowded, good amount of sections (also straight forwards sections). And i like the background behind all the different categories.

Good luck, hopefully your site will be successful in the contested niche.
(2012-10-16, 07:12 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]The design is nice, but niche is tough. Good luck.

Agreed. What are you going to do to stand out from the pack outside of nice design?
(2012-10-16, 07:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-16, 07:12 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]The design is nice, but niche is tough. Good luck.

Agreed. What are you going to do to stand out from the pack outside of nice design?

Well, I understood from the start when finally choosing this very common niche that I was pretty much gambling my time and investment, so I'm fully aware of the consequences and likely outcome but I'm trying to add user-experience changes that aren't really found on other general discussion forums like post icons with actual thread related category which improves the overall nature of the subject.

[Image: IS8Xr.png]

[Image: NIpkY.png]

It's little things like that, will continue to drive me to enhancing standing out figure from the rest.
Bumping thread. Looking for suggestions on how-to gain publicity or overall improvements to website.
I really like the theme. It appeals to me a lot, tbh. You also customized your install really well, not much of that around here. I do hope you understand the very competitive niche you've entered. You're off to a good start, though. You should cut down & generalize on the forums. Add more specific ones as you grow.

Good luck.
Great looking forum, but if you wanna keep traffic flowing you have to add contents, and advertise more
49 users active in the past 1440 minutes

Never really understood that.
Pages: 1 2