MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How have you increased user registrations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am getting a decent amount of traffic to my forum and I know they are real users (not bots). What are some things you have done to help increase user registrations/participation? (Mods, Banners, Text, etc?)

Thanks,
Brandon
I haven't done this but you could post in showcase and search engine bots will follow the links.
(2012-10-18, 05:53 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't done this but you could post in showcase and search engine bots will follow the links.

....what
Get search engines to crawl your forum. And you will be high on results listing.
The simplest way is to post posts on other forums/related sites and include a sig link. You could also try pming people on forum X to join your forum.

Of course, I don't do these things as I would be rather annoyed if someone did it to me, but it is a method.
Tumblr is a great tool for spreading messages if you have something worth posting there.
His question is not how to get users on his forum, he said clearly he already has many human guests browsing. His question is how to get them to join.
Niche specific:
Registrations on my forum kicked up once I released a Guilds List feature, as no other website in my niche offered the same thing (there is one now, though ours was released first). A lot of people register to post in existing guilds or create their own guild page.
---
If you're getting the traffic but no participation, it's very likely that you need to offer something that will get those people to register. It could be a unique feature or particularly interesting discussion. Make your register link prominent but not obtrusive, and make the registration process as quick and simple as possible.

Make sure most, if not all, of your content is viewable for guests and try to entice people to register with that content. Always make sure there is new content flowing in, because some people revisit websites and join at a later time. If it's the same old stuff with no updates, it will turn them away.
Make some good content that people will want to participate in. I guarantee people will join.
(2012-10-19, 04:10 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Make some good content that people will want to participate in. I guarantee people will join.

This is like a recipe that says "make good food."
Pages: 1 2