MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admins whose primary group is not admin displaying in the admin section on show team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been wondering this for a while, but how could I get all admins, regardless of name color, to appear under the Administrators section of showteam.php as seen here? I've tried switching their primary groups to Administrator, then setting their display group as their custom group, but removing their custom groups from showteam.php also stops them from being displayed entirely.
Yeah the problem is if they change their display group to another group, they don't show on the team page.

It's a bug with myBB. It should really be fixed
ACP > Users & Groups > Groups >

General Options
Yes, show this group on the 'forum team' page

Set their Primary User Group to Administrator and Display User Group to Use Primary User Group

Rebuild the cache for:
usergroups, forums
That's all well and good, but I'd like to keep their custom colors. I'll try the cache step after, however.
Anybody? I mean, it sounds like I need to somehow get the forum team page to take into account any additional groups that have their setting for appearing there turned on, but it doesn't do that at the moment.
It is working as intended. The showteam page is only meant to grab a person's display group. This is helpful if you want to have a hidden admin account.
This may be true, but what I want to accomplish here is showing the two admins with custom colors with the other admins.

Hidden admin accounts can be done with admin permissions anyway.
You "can" create another group or two with the same name "Administrators" and set those users custom name strings in the new groups.

This will still create additional group listings, but they will have (depending on how many you create) the title of administrators.

I can't fully understand why they need to show up as Admins and not their custom groups.
It cleans up the mess I have on my showteam page, plus they're all admins anyway so it's nonsensical to have them show up under different headings.
Just going to necro this to see if anyone knows how to do what he is asking because I would also like to.
Pages: 1 2