MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report Once
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thanks so much! Smile
Is this plugin will be worked together with Auto Unapprove Reported Posts plugin?
@Omar, thanks - completely forgot about the cache! Toungue

@Frank it removes the report button (if set in settings) for reported posts & displays a error message if they try use report.php?pid=X (sorry, the screenshot is a bit deceiving. I just used those sentences in a post so you could see how the report button disappears once reported).

@Raziel I haven't tested it myself, I'll have a look at it tomorrow for you. Smile
(2012-10-30, 01:04 PM)HCforums Wrote: [ -> ]I added this and modified it on my forum, it's a awesome plugin. Smile

[Image: 1ktnJ]

How'd you do that? Huh Angel Big Grin
(2012-10-30, 11:31 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]@Omar, thanks - completely forgot about the cache! Toungue

@Frank it removes the report button (if set in settings) for reported posts & displays a error message if they try use report.php?pid=X (sorry, the screenshot is a bit deceiving. I just used those sentences in a post so you could see how the report button disappears once reported).

@Raziel I haven't tested it myself, I'll have a look at it tomorrow for you. Smile

Ok cool. Another idea would be to append the $post[message] variable with a small text notice "this post has been reported".
Thanks for the suggestion Frank, that might be quite cool to add (maybe have a setting to choose whether you want a message to append or not)? Smile
(2012-10-31, 12:25 AM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the suggestion Frank, that might be quite cool to add (maybe have a setting to choose whether you want a message to append or not)? Smile

Yea exactly, an option to display it or not would be a nice extra feature.
Isn't the setting to hide the button meant to the same purpose?
(2012-10-30, 11:31 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]@Raziel I haven't tested it myself, I'll have a look at it tomorrow for you. Smile

Thanks! Smile
(2012-10-31, 04:32 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the setting to hide the button meant to the same purpose?

Hiding the button doesn't explain to the user why its not there anymore. Its not going to be obvious to everyone. Not everyone is going to assume "Oh it must have been reported already". Appending a message as an extra option allows admins the choice to give the end user a small notice that this post has already been reported.

A better alternative would be to replace the report button with a non functioning button labeled "Reported", but this is not a good option due to mybb using images for buttons, would work better if the buttons were css.
Pages: 1 2 3 4