MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report Once
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If there is not report button then you assume you can't report it, regardless of the reason.

What I do for my plugin (yes, I do have a plugin similar to this -.-) is to change the report image for a different one (1 extra template, similar to how the new/closed thread button change), maybe that is the best option if you don't want to just remove the button (users can empty the template if they don't want to show the button).
If the report button is gone, you don't assume you can't report it, you literally can't report it, because the button is gone. Theres no assumption to be made. The question is "why is the button gone ?"

My point is that it may be obvious to you why it's gone because you have the plugin installed. It's not "user friendly" to just simply remove the button.
Well, that was simplest that I though; if there is no button you assume there is a reason (since it is probably you will check if other posts do have it) therefore keep going with your reading/visit.

It is not as a big deal as you are putting it, IMO.
Its only a suggestion, I suppose we have different views and thats fine.
Can you make it to where staff can't get reported for topics or posts? Or can you choose certain users or user groups that can't get reported for posting. Like the button won't show there? Is that possible?
(2012-10-30, 11:31 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]@Raziel I haven't tested it myself, I'll have a look at it tomorrow for you. Smile

Any news about that? Have you alredy test it?
(2012-11-10, 08:08 PM)RazielxD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-30, 11:31 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]@Raziel I haven't tested it myself, I'll have a look at it tomorrow for you. Smile

Any news about that? Have you alredy test it?

Sorry, completely forgot (and been up to my eyeballs in work) Toungue

I'll check this out when I get home tomorrow Smile
(2012-10-30, 04:41 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-30, 04:25 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]This IMHO should be a core. I see no reason why MyBB does not add it to core..

Just wait for 1.8. There are a few report based improvements.

A few? That's an understatement Toungue
(2012-11-15, 05:13 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-30, 04:41 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-30, 04:25 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]This IMHO should be a core. I see no reason why MyBB does not add it to core..

Just wait for 1.8. There are a few report based improvements.

A few? That's an understatement Toungue
Unless we get to see what's behind the curtains. Rolleyes
Quote:Sorry, completely forgot (and been up to my eyeballs in work) Toungue

I'll check this out when I get home tomorrow Smile

And? Done?
Well, I don't want to be rude, but you promised. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4