MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: getting these 2 errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will78 Wrote:
Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXX/public_html/inc/config.php:56) in /home/XXX/public_html/admin/global.php on line 93

Quote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXX/public_html/inc/config.php:56) in /home/XXX/public_html/global.php on line 93

Will78 Wrote:THERE
IS
NO
EXTRA
SPACES
IN
CONFIG.PHP

Hi Will,

Don't let your frustration show through.. I'm the only one here that does that.. And everyone is only trying to help you with your problem..Toungue

A stupid question maybe... Sad

Have you edited any language files like global_lang.php ??
Tikitiki Wrote:Hey, lay off on the language

Bullshit is to Australians, what Freaking is to Americans..

It's also a widely used Australian adjective.. Toungue

No Bullshit : that's certainly true.
To Bullshit: to come the Raw prawn, to be generally disagreeable, or exaggerate the truth.
Don't Bullshit!: Don't feed me rubbish, crap.
What Bullshit!: What a pack of lies etc..

You get rid of "Freaking", and I'll stop bullshitting... Toungue

Just a joke Tiki.... Toungue

Your response had nothing to contribute to the question...

Picky! aren't we.... Fair Dinkum!... Sad

BTW: Fair Dinkum = No Bullshit, just depends whether one is in mixed company or not... Both mean the same thing. Lol!!!

Another great Aussie adjective is the word "Bastard", (Deemed by the High Court of Australia as a widely accepted adjective in everyday Australian Language).

It also depends on how it is used and / or expressed as to whether it is meant to offend or express an emotion, or to abuse someone...... "BASTARD" should not be used, as it is offensive... bastard on the other hand can be included in such phrases as:

I've had a bastard of a day: = A really rotten day... Nothing went right... Sad
What a bastard; A real bastard: = Difficult, Couldn't get it to work, understand it... etc.

And...... Yes! You may certainly remove this post to the Chit-Chat or Insanity forum.. Toungue

Sometimes a bit of fun breaks the self-imposed reality that we all suffer from in believing that everything has to be perfect, and done right now... my computer is perfect, and if it doesn't work... it's someone else's fault ?

Computer's are an electronic piece of junk that suffers from all sorts of problems. So many problems.. So many underated crappy computers....... and Servers...

Makes one wonder if it's worth the effort to try to keep things running smoothly.. Lol!
Will78 Wrote:how come you do not unserstand what I said

THERE
IS
NO
EXTRA
SPACES
IN
CONFIG.PHP
O.K.
I'm only trying to help, that reply didn't really want me to help you either.

Also. It has to be your config.php file. >.>
Look at line 56 in config.php, I guess it's the end of the file though.
Ok for it's worth.. O^O

Recently I've seen a lot of these errors created after editing lang files at the server, particularly portal_lang and global_lang.. And getting the errors for the core .php files, not the lang files.

There appears to be two extra bytes in the original files, and when downloaded, edited with WordPad and SAVE AS .txt... WordPad advises that the format is being changed..

Save as .txt anyway > Upload to the server and the header's already loaded problems etc, are gone. ??

The same problem existed with two different installs of MyBB, and after re-installs.. But by then I had learned not to edit those two files at least, at the server.. Wink

Hence my question... Smile
Yes but this warning is from config.php not any language file Smile
But you might test what Ozidave said with config.php. Smile
You're right CraKteR.. It's not a lang file... But that's what makes, or made this problem peculiar.. Wink

It never ever referred to the edited lang files.. it always referred to errors in global.php and / or portal.php etc, and some of the other core.php files after I changed the lang - ONLY files. I can't remember them all but to the naive, some files that were returning errors were not even associated with what I was doing or did change. ?

I went looking for problems and white-space after ?> too in the core files. Even replaced them.. But the problem could not be rectified unless I uploaded a fresh un-edited global-lang.php etc, or did the editing on my PC using WordPad (Not Notepad, as the errors / extra bytes are still saved) and SAVE AS .txt only..

When overwriting the edited files at the server using the PC edited files.. It always showed a 2 byte difference in the various files... Sad

Weird error to say the least.. Wink
I mean....

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXX/public_html/inc/config.php:56) in /home/XXX/public_html/global.php on line 93

Read the bolded part, it is config.php. Smile
Ok,

I'm going to change my forum url from mybb120 in ACP today and rename the folder at the server.

Then I'm going to install a fresh test site.. Might be interesting, as I'll go through the same procedure as I did before fixing any files.. Only this time I'll record the errors.. Wink
CraKteR,

global_lang.php has three high ascii charaters in front of <?php

So you have HEX EF BB BF in front of the <

WordPad SAVE AS .txt ONLY strips them out... So the code is not 'clean' Sad

I've checked some of the others, and will have a look at all of the .php files for unwanted characters sometime today.. Toungue

btw, this is a fresh install using a newly downloaded MyBB 1.2.1

Edit:

I've been through all of the .php files.. It appears that those errors are generated by editing at the server... Don't know, don't care... I'm outa here for a while. Wink
But his error is in config.php.
Pages: 1 2 3