MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone here have one?
Thinking of putting my order in, but I'm not too excited about the slow process of getting one here in the US :/
I put an order in and it will ship before christmass I'm told, so it's not that bad. The new 512 model is out aswell
I was going to pick one up for a system in my car. I'll let you know if I do.
I've been meaning to for a while. I can think of several great uses for it.
(2012-11-04, 07:34 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]I put an order in and it will ship before christmass I'm told, so it's not that bad. The new 512 model is out aswell

I know! Exciting Wink I just wish they could do something more with it... I've read that it's hard for them to beef it up much more because they want to keep the $35 price tag. A 1gb RAM and beefier processor would be cool for closer to $100. I'd probably buy it. The sheer size is what attracts me the most.

(2012-11-04, 07:45 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to pick one up for a system in my car. I'll let you know if I do.
Sounds awesome! What are you planning on?

(2012-11-04, 08:06 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I've been meaning to for a while. I can think of several great uses for it.
Yessir! I really wish I could afford multiple right now... Ideally I'd like to have one to play around with, one to throw on the big screen TV, and one to try hosting a personal(very very low traffic) site. The size and the price are just too awesome. Although I could potentially pay a lot more due to being in the US :/
I may get in a rush and just buy one off eBay.
Just looked and I could get one with a power cable and a plastic case to keep it safe for like £35...

Though there's another company working on something via kickstarter right now that interests me more: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/10/paral...r-everyone

I'll likely hold out a few months and see what comes of the Parallella.
I would get one, but I know I won't use it Sad
(2012-11-04, 08:18 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Though there's another company working on something via kickstarter right now that interests me more: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/10/paral...r-everyone

I'll likely hold out a few months and see what comes of the Parallella.
Very decent project but they don't plan to release until they have $3m?
Quote:We will be offering the Epiphany-IV based 66 (2+64) core version Parallella boards as soon as we reach our stretch funding goal of $3M. The reward will be available for those who pledge more than $199. The estimated delivery time for the 64 core boards would be May, 2013.
If I understood it right, they have just under $1m now... Right?
Wait... That's for the 64 core... Nevermind.
I am looking into getting one myself, or something similar to it like the many clones that are readily available. But I got my Arduino kit a few weeks ago so I will be busy playing with it for some time. There is indeed a lot of new things like the Raspberry Pi being worked on, so waiting might actually be a good idea.
They don't plan to release the "66 core" version till they reach that. That's just because they need $3M to make it cost effective by improving manufacturing. At least, that's how I interpret it.
Pages: 1 2 3