MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make forum all browser compatible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My forum veconomy.net is having some issues. People with differe t browsers and screen resolution are getting glitches with the templates. Is there anyway to make the forum the same for everyone so no one has glitches?
It sounds like you may have some HTML issues. Of course, there are always small variations in how a site looks on different browsers - IE6 and 7 are especially "difficult" but really on all modern browsers if your HTML is right then the display should be too.

What is the validation result for your pages?

http://validator.w3.org/
145 errors Sad not good
So you need to go through your pages fixing it.

Looking at it, it is not that bad

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=vecono...&outline=1

Start at the top and work your way down, fixing things like missing alts, ending tags, that sort of thing. Then look for any <span> tags that are incorrect.

If you have errors in postbit templates then the showthread will be horrifying.

My advice: Fix the index first, especially the header, then forumdisplay then showthread. That will fix 90% of the issues right away.
Thank you leefish. I dont know much about html but ill just use google a lot.
Well, I learnt a LOT about html and css validating my pages - I did it about a year ago, and I still check on the validator, usually after I have made a change in the templates.

I have a permanent link in my footer so I can really quickly check every page.
Ah ok. When i went to the site i only input my homepage veconomy.net. Did that check everypage including memberlist.php and search.php etc or just home page? Thanks!
It just checks that page. Like I said, do the index first and get that to 100%. Then you know the header and footer are ok as well.

Then you need to check forumdisplay, memberlist, search and showthread.
Dang ok. So when i seached veconomy.net i will find all these errors in the index template?
well, some are in header, some in footer. If you switch on output templates start end in ACP you will see it in the source outline.

Then you go to that template and fix it.
Pages: 1 2 3