MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Admin changing directory problem ! need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I renamed the directory folder admin to something else, let's say "adminexample". After that I went into inc/config.php file and also did the change there from 'admin' to 'adminexample'

So when I access myforum/adminexample it works, the admin path have been changed BUT when I try to access my myforum/index.php page it gives error like the site is down ( it only gives that error only on the index page ! all other pages working fine )

any ideea how to fix this ? Sad
Forum URL? What's the exact error?
(2012-11-08, 09:39 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Forum URL? What's the exact error?

HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)
I usually get error 500 after I open the file manager to my website and upload something. It usually goes back to normal after about 30 seconds though. Maybe that is the case?
(2012-11-08, 10:14 AM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ]I usually get error 500 after I open the file manager to my website and upload something. It usually goes back to normal after about 30 seconds though. Maybe that is the case?

Don't think so because all other pages are working. Only the index doesn't works.
An Internal Server Error is very generic; check your server error logs for more information.
(2012-11-08, 10:33 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]An Internal Server Error is very generic; check your server error logs for more information.

Don't get it... where to check more exactly and for what to check ? and how this could help me with the dir change thing.. ?
You should be able to view your server errors logs in your cPanel account. If you're unsure about where to view the logs you should contact your web host.
Same as Nathan had said. Check your servers error logs & contact your hosting, but why rename your directory?
Standard procedure to rename admin directory - makes it harder for a hacker to find it.
Pages: 1 2