MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bot seems like by passing Registration Security Question plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just reset all questions and changed them. Now i am checking and there are a lot more bot registrations that the total number of questions answers which means they are registering somehow without answering Registration Security Question

I mean this plugin

http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question

How on earth this is possible ?

my forum : http://forum.monstermmorpg.com/
Try making your questions relevant to your forum content rather than being math based.
Remember, not all spam comes from bots. A good majority is still from human spammers (cheap labor from third world countries) which requires human intervention to eliminate. A plugin can only do so much.
Customize the questions and as Leefish said make them relevant to your forum.
(2012-11-11, 08:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Try making your questions relevant to your forum content rather than being math based.

(2012-11-11, 08:37 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Remember, not all spam comes from bots. A good majority is still from human spammers (cheap labor from third world countries) which requires human intervention to eliminate. A plugin can only do so much.

(2012-11-11, 10:07 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Customize the questions and as Leefish said make them relevant to your forum.

i don't think so you understand what i mean

basically this bots are registering without answering my security question

because the correct answers count does not match the registered person count

actually even correct + wrong count still not catching registered member count

registered member count is a lot higher
Well you must of had some members before you installed the plugin
Do you have users that you've created for "testing"?
(2012-11-13, 08:19 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Well you must of had some members before you installed the plugin

what i mean is very clear

the new registered member count is extremely higher than the correctly given answer count after all answers got deleted and re-made with 0 stats
anyone have any idea ?
Did you try registering without answering the question? Does it work?
Pages: 1 2 3