MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is 10GB Enough ?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I Didn,t know where to exactly post this if this is the wrong area please move it.

Since The new house ive moved into does not currently have a NBN (National Broadband Network)

Im just wondering how much is 10GB??
I might be buying a pocket WiFi with 10Gb included??

Will this be enough to manage a online forum/site, some youtube watching (not much)

Thanks,

Mr.Shy(Spudster)

its per month..
You won't fit much music on that. I currently have 30,174 songs and it's consuming 442.08GB. It would be perfect for web browsing, email, and other general web activities though.

Edit: I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I thought you were buying a Netbook or something, now it sounds more like internet access?
(2012-11-14, 12:02 AM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]I Didn,t know where to exactly post this if this is the wrong area please move it.

Since The new house ive moved into does not currently have a NBN (National Broadband Network)

Will this be enough to manage a online forum/site, some youtube watching (not much)

Thanks,

Mr.Shy(Spudster)

its per month..

I'll bite - You'll want to read this.

I have a Vodafone Mobile Broadband on PrePaid. I spend $50 a month for 4GB of data, and that lasts me most of the month. This includes dealing with support tickets, THT, Host4Post forums, and generating about 5 new sites

10GB is overkill.

(2012-11-14, 12:04 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were buying a Netbook or something, now it sounds more like internet access?
Internet Access is it.
So if i left music/youtube out of it, Would it be still perfect to manage a site/forum?
I do most of the feature developing on my local server (on my computer)

I have a netbook now that i got on ebay for $250, that was a previous issue that has been dealt with now.

@BCousins do you use that Mobile Broadband as a Dongle or Wifi (like hotspots etc)
Read above post.
(2012-11-14, 12:10 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-14, 12:02 AM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]I Didn,t know where to exactly post this if this is the wrong area please move it.

Thanks,

Mr.Shy(Spudster)

its per month..

I'll bite - You'll want to read this.

I have a Vodafone Mobile Broadband on PrePaid. I spend $50 a month for 4GB of data, and that lasts me most of the month. This includes dealing with support tickets, THT, Host4Post forums, and generating about 5 new sites

10GB is overkill.

(2012-11-14, 12:04 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were buying a Netbook or something, now it sounds more like internet access?
Internet Access is it.

Oh. I have 2GB for my Droid Razr Maxx. I'm constantly streaming Pandora over it, as well as browsing forms, and I use about 70% of my 2GB. It's hard to hit it.
I have 1.5GB on my phone - That's enough to use as a hotspot when I need it to.
So far ive been streaming a few youtube browsing a few forums on my 4GB 3G tablet and that only has used 20%, I think 10GB is enough.

So how much would one forum download take?
As I said - Overkill.
What would "Over Kill" Mean Undecided

Does that mean it will go over that limit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4