MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ski Blu MyBB Theme from MyBB Web Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey everyone!

MyBB Web Design is pleased to offer you our 2nd MyBB theme release:

Ski Blu

[Image: preview_1_1352901074_277b5a386f3a03c7060...418e1f.png]

More information, Preview Images, and Purchase Link:

http://mybbwebdesign.com/mydownloads.php...down&did=7

Click Here for a Live Demo
Small criticism, it's too bright.
I like the theme, its clean and smooth. Just one thing could be done differently and that is sign in & register button.
Honestly, you have to work on combining colors or at least make sure that you don't have a super bright blue clash against white.
Not sure if you even want feedback but if I'm brutally honest, I don't see anything that makes this justify being a premium theme apart from the postbit perhaps. Otherwise I have seen more unique free themes.
Xanth, as one or two others mentioned this as well I will tone the brightness/contrast down a bit for the next update Smile Thanks for the feedback.

Jukanjan, I'm glad you like it Smile How would you make those buttons different?

FMB, I didn't design this theme so I originally didn't choose the colour combinations. However, I'll take your feedback about the clashing colours on board as I mentioned earlier in this post for the next update.

Crayo, yes of course I always welcome feedback! I'm sorry you feel that way, but I have to disagree. What more could you want to see from this theme? You say you have seen more unique free themes, care to link a couple? On the other hand, I have seen less unique themes sell for the same price, if not more. You seem to have very high standards.
(2012-11-14, 04:20 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to have very high standards.

So should you. I think the standard for MyBB themes has become much higher in the past year or so as people are beginning to discover just how much is possible with the software. A few template and CSS changes are no longer enough. I don't want to be so arrogant as to say my Humanization Project made far-reaching waves, but it showed that you can do a lot with a little bit of work. After creating this theme, I'm disappointed when I see themes that don't try to play with things like the registration page, the user CP, the user profile, etc.

That said, structurally, I don't have a problem with this theme. I don't know if it's worth $20, but it's not bad.

I think people are getting pretty sick of Javascript effects. Maybe it's just me, but when a hover state has a 0.5 - 1 second transition animation it makes the page feel much slower. Instant feedback is good.

There's also the fact that this design, and your design style in general, is very "Web 2.0" incorporating lots of gloss and gradients and layers. This aesthetic has pretty much been driven into the ground, and is very fatiguing on the eyes. And some of your usage of gradients is, frankly, bizarre:

[Image: alm15.png]

These look like buttons in two different states. Why are they styled like this? What does it communicate to the user?

I'm also bewildered by your choice to use images for the postbit buttons. Personally, I think it's possible to make a great theme now without using a single image.

I agree that it's really too bright, very hard to read.
The same person who made awesome nanoskinner theme made this, i'm sorry man, but this theme is just "derp", bad.

Not to be mean, it has nothing good about it, nothing...Did you design this? I always thought you were a good designer.
He said he didn't design it. That said, to say this theme has nothing positive seems a stretch.
Who designed this product?
Pages: 1 2 3 4