MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB Hacked.. Need Quick Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I developed a website before 3 months on MYBB forum. It was working fine till yesterday but it is now hacked! Kindly guide me how this website got hacked so that I will be careful with that problem in future..

Here is the website: http://www.vrlegends.com
what plugins are you using? what version of mybb?
It was the latest version.. I used 2-5 plugins i.e. Shoutbox, SEO URL Plugin, SEO Meta data plugin and some more...

Please guide me how this webiste got hacked... I'm worried.
scan your computer for malware/keyloggers? there are no known vulnerabilities in MyBB and your 3 month old site would not be the target of a new exploit, there are bigger sites to try to take down

i assume you are on shared hosting, what host is it? perhaps another account on the server got access to your stuff
Perhaps, his server maybe rooted, shared hosting has it's own problems.
I don't have any malware in my computer. But what is KeyLoggers? I had 3 admins on the website maybe they saved passwords, right?

I'm using Justhost (Not free) - VR Legends is an educational website and it is hacked by a student for teasing and taking the private info.
Then I advise to check up with your admins. Has any of them access to FTP or server areas such as cPanel?

Keylogger means a malicious program or software which captures your keystrokes.

Also check your server logs (usually accessible from cPanel) which might give you an idea.
My website is back as I regularly take backup. I had taken a backup yesterday. I called JustHost they restore the server.

I'm happy.. But please guide me for future.

(2012-11-28, 06:24 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Then I advise to check up with your admins. Has any of them access to FTP or server areas such as cPanel?

Also check your server logs (usually accessible from cPanel) which might give you an idea.

My admins just have the access of Configuration, Users and Forums management (I don't give access to Tools and Maintenance, Templates)

How would I know any software captures keystrokes?

I'll check Cpanel.
(2012-11-28, 06:25 AM)Hemani Wrote: [ -> ]My website is back as I regularly take backup. I had taken a backup yesterday. I called JustHost they restore the server.

I'm happy.. But please guide me for future.

(2012-11-28, 06:24 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Then I advise to check up with your admins. Has any of them access to FTP or server areas such as cPanel?

My admins just have the access of Configuration, Users and Forums management (I don't give access to Tools and Maintenance, Templates)

How would I know any software captures keystrokes?

I'll check Cpanel.
Download Malwarebytes and run a full computer scan. You keep confidently saying you don't have any malware but from what it appears you probably do, unless someone straight guessed/bruteforced your admin password.

Also check your task manager for any suspicious looking processes, most keyloggers out there will hide themselves from being shown in task mnaager, but not all malware will so it's worth a quick look.
i clean advise tell your friends not to download rubbish exe softwares that look promising and something that shows its has allot of value and its free to use skip it dont risk it.

rat = remote administrator tool with that they steal your info and watch all your moves name it 1 advise never again download softwares only use paid softwares .

dont save pass on firefox.
always enter it manually
dont enter info your friends know about make them harder.
Pages: 1 2