MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My website hacked again .. 2 times in 1 day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Or maybe they agree to my advice and are greatful.
(2012-12-05, 06:08 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe they agree to my advice and are greatful.

Are you an idiot?

Do you have any evidence that Google SEO had a security vulnerability? This isn't about "agreeing with advice;" either what you said is true or it is a lie. Please prove if it's the truth.
(2012-12-05, 06:10 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 06:08 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe they agree to my advice and are greatful.

Are you an idiot?

Do you have any evidence that Google SEO had a security vulnerability? This isn't about "agreeing with advice;" either what you said is true or it is a lie. Please prove if it's the truth.
Well brad, I guess you picked wrong guy. He isn't the one who discussed about Google SEO.
Maybe the idiot is me, then. Sad

That said, InfernoSoft is right, not great advice. (And DOS stands for Denial of Service, not Denial of Server.)
i meant service.

I gave him instructions to follow to see if this is the case.
Quote:Hi, I am a developer and a hacking expert (not hacking in *that way*)

LOL..."expert".

Quote:Well if my information is not of use then why has the question asker given me a rate for it ?

"A" for effort I suppose. And just because user thinks you're helping doesn't really mean you are. If they really knew wtf they were doing they wouldn't be posting help questions here. Unfortunate that he does believe you though because you didn't really help at all.

And FYI to OP. The term "hacked" doesn't really tell us what's wrong. Is the database deleted? Are system files changed? Is your admin account compromised? Maybe a page is redirected or you've been defaced?

Quote:All the forums of my website has now deleted!

So is MyBB still there and pages load and the data is missing? If so then they either have an SQL Injection or they have an admin account access. It really depends on exactly what they did.
I was giving the user advice to see whether this is the problem.
I know this is a lot of work, but has someone downloaded the most popular and used plugins for security evaluation?

Coming from a Bitcoin environment, I am very skeptical about running something that looks dangerous.
(2012-12-06, 02:16 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is a lot of work, but has someone downloaded the most popular and used plugins for security evaluation?

Coming from a Bitcoin environment, I am very skeptical about running something that looks dangerous.

You shouldn''t go for the looks of something but for their contents. Looks can be deceptive Big Grin
(2012-12-06, 02:16 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is a lot of work, but has someone downloaded the most popular and used plugins for security evaluation?

One of the things that is very popular is downloading paid plugins for free. Unfortunately, some of these nulled plugins have a nasty side effect - they are not actually plugins, but just drop the database.

I am not saying this is what happened to the OP but it is wise to check plugins before running them unless they come from a VERY reliable source.
Pages: 1 2 3