MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My website hacked again .. 2 times in 1 day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-12-05, 09:42 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hi, I am a developer and a hacking expert (not hacking in *that way*)

LOL..."expert".

Quote:Well if my information is not of use then why has the question asker given me a rate for it ?

"A" for effort I suppose. And just because user thinks you're helping doesn't really mean you are. If they really knew wtf they were doing they wouldn't be posting help questions here. Unfortunate that he does believe you though because you didn't really help at all.

And FYI to OP. The term "hacked" doesn't really tell us what's wrong. Is the database deleted? Are system files changed? Is your admin account compromised? Maybe a page is redirected or you've been defaced?

Quote:All the forums of my website has now deleted!

So is MyBB still there and pages load and the data is missing? If so then they either have an SQL Injection or they have an admin account access. It really depends on exactly what they did.

(2012-12-04, 08:25 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]It is downloaded but has about 500 different things that can be about the admin cp. mod cp. images etc. But how do I firstly get my forum onto the web and secondly I don't know any HTML except very very basic like... Paragraghs, List etc. Do I need any experience in HTML5 or HTML or JavaScript etc. ? Please help Sad

Me myself, Have adminned myBB forums before. Not as a super admin but as an admin. Honestly I wasn't the best admin. All I did there was clean up a gang of spammers with over 50 users in it. Merge all the accounts on the same IP together and manage mod apps. That's it. I really dont know where to start :s
that gave me a bit of a laugh too.

OT:

OP, could you provide more information on what was actually "hacked" on your forum?
(2012-12-05, 06:10 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 06:08 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe they agree to my advice and are greatful.

Are you an idiot?

Do you have any evidence that Google SEO had a security vulnerability? This isn't about "agreeing with advice;" either what you said is true or it is a lie. Please prove if it's the truth.

Honestly, why flame me and call me an idiot for trying to help him out? I was told by one of my friends that google seo had a vuln. and I saw OP was using it so I thought I'd let him know, the fact that it turns out it doesn't have a vuln. doesn't make me an idiot, I was just repeating what a friend told me.
Many people have used Google SEO and it doesn't have a vuln, we all wouldn't use it if it had vuln's.
(2012-12-06, 09:06 PM)Seanfromleeds Wrote: [ -> ]Many people have used Google SEO and it doesn't have a vuln, we all wouldn't use it if it had vuln's.

Yes, I know that now. But at the time I was being told by a friend that it had a vuln. and that it wasn't very popular and I hadn't done much research into it so I just assumed he was right.
Repeating info like that without verifying is it dangerous.
(2012-12-06, 09:06 PM)Seanfromleeds Wrote: [ -> ]Many people have used Google SEO and it doesn't have a vuln, we all wouldn't use it if it had vuln's.
Not to mention that you might get paid or even hired by Google for a discovered vulnerability.
Google has no affiliation with the plugin.
(2012-12-05, 09:42 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hi, I am a developer and a hacking expert (not hacking in *that way*)

LOL..."expert".

Do you know how they define an Expert?

Ex is the unknown
Xpert is a drip under pressure.

Engineering Joke.

That being said, Ever considered a stronger password?
Please don't fight.
Pages: 1 2 3