MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: suggestion: MyBB version in footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It wouldn't even show an different version number then 1.2.1 if they only uploaded an fixed file, which I doubt they just do.
CraKteR Wrote:It wouldn't even show an different version number then 1.2.1 if they only uploaded an fixed file, which I doubt they just do.

That's too bad, because I have problem on my 1.2 board, and I tested on this forum's test area and the problem is still there, so I guess I don't need to upgrade to 1.2.1.

Maybe MyBB needs create a Test-only forum, using the latest release strictly. I am not a big fan of these kind of manually-patched version as a product.
You should report it here if it isn't reported yet.
ElTopo Wrote:
CraKteR Wrote:It wouldn't even show an different version number then 1.2.1 if they only uploaded an fixed file, which I doubt they just do.

That's too bad, because I have problem on my 1.2 board, and I tested on this forum's test area and the problem is still there, so I guess I don't need to upgrade to 1.2.1.

Maybe MyBB needs create a Test-only forum, using the latest release strictly. I am not a big fan of these kind of manually-patched version as a product.
We do have another board for finding and fixing bugs. (Beta board) If you find a problem with MyBB please report it here. People have the choise to show there vertion number. The admins here have chosin to have it off. If it's that much of a big deal, tern your forums vertion on.
Thanks, the bug (multibyte charset related) is reported, unfortunately the developers chose or decided to ignore it.

Snake Wrote:The admins here have chosin to have it off.

Frankly, that's something I don't understand (the hackers would actually help the developers to find the weak points, right?)

although for admins of everyday forums to turn it off I totally understand.
ElTopo Wrote:Thanks, the bug (multibyte charset related) is reported, unfortunately the developers chose or decided to ignore it.

What makes you (or anyone in their right mind) think we ignore it?
Tikitiki Wrote:
ElTopo Wrote:Thanks, the bug (multibyte charset related) is reported, unfortunately the developers chose or decided to ignore it.

because nobody answers it. I asked several times and I think it's a critical bug.
ElTopo Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

because nobody answers it. I asked several times and I think it's a critical bug.

We've got a whole pinned thread about it in the Bug reports forum: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=12134

The problem lays mostly (I think) with the users because they don't have the mb or iconv php extensions installed, so therefore we cannot support translation. This wasn't an issue before because we use ISO charsets, but we transitioned over to UTF, in 1.2 because its supposed to work with other languages anyway (as far as i know).

However its been something i've been researching and I've noticed how phpmyadmin uses some special conversion formats in their queries to make it utf compatible. I havn't tested it yet, and i'm not sure how it will work, but it may be something that will fix the problems. I dunno...
They've answered it alot of times before though, I think they note every comment which is made.
Unicode and UTF-8 is big. There are bound to be bugs when changing to that. I've had alot of problem with it myself, in my own software, but it's the way of the future so.
Tikitiki Wrote:The problem lays mostly (I think) with the users because they don't have the mb or iconv php extensions installed, so therefore we cannot support translation. This wasn't an issue before because we use ISO charsets, but we transitioned over to UTF, in 1.2 because its supposed to work with other languages anyway (as far as i know).

The bad codes only appear in the displayed posts, if I edit the post, there's no bad codes in the edit box. Plus, I have IPB1.3.1 running at the same apache/mysql system, UTF-8 or GB2312, never had this problem. I don't think it's caused by mb/iconv php extensions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4