MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: suggestion: MyBB version in footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
CraKteR Wrote:They've answered it alot of times before though, I think they note every comment which is made.
Unicode and UTF-8 is big. There are bound to be bugs when changing to that. I've had alot of problem with it myself, in my own software, but it's the way of the future so.

I searched, did not find any useful info. It's not fixed, so can't stop ppl from talking about it.
If it's such a famous bug then why it's not in the known issue list?

It's OK that MyBB has bugs in the developing term, I just don't like to be ignored.
Tikitiki Wrote:The problem lays mostly (I think) with the users because they don't have the mb or iconv php extensions installed, so therefore we cannot support translation. This wasn't an issue before because we use ISO charsets, but we transitioned over to UTF, in 1.2 because its supposed to work with other languages anyway (as far as i know).
To answer that, UTF-8, which is an scheme of Unicode, is multi bytes. So it will work with any language when done correctly.
To learn more. Wikipedia has it
the black hats do attack by seeing the version , i agree with it. but it all depends upon the coding structure, and i we are not in older ages where hackers try use tech like sql injections and others.

As far as , i am concern a board is secure until u donot edit the files or do not mod any mods not recogonized by the team.
CraKteR Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:The problem lays mostly (I think) with the users because they don't have the mb or iconv php extensions installed, so therefore we cannot support translation. This wasn't an issue before because we use ISO charsets, but we transitioned over to UTF, in 1.2 because its supposed to work with other languages anyway (as far as i know).
To answer that, UTF-8, which is an scheme of Unicode, is multi bytes. So it will work with any language when done correctly.
To learn more. Wikipedia has it

Alright, Now, just to figure out what we're doing wrong?
Pages: 1 2 3 4