MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My personal portfolio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it me, or is there still a lot of "Lorem ipsum" type text still on your new site? Just wondering if you've updated it and if I have a caching issue...
I also noticed that nearly every single element has a hover state. That's not always a the best choice, but whatever floats your boat.
Yes there is a lot of lorem ipsum. I don't want to waste any time, I want to finalise the layout and structure and css before I put in any permanent text. Particularly when element may be removed if I change my mind.

Jason, hmm, I don't see anything which changes state when hovered which can't be clicked. I agree hover states are normally not necessary if the element cannot be clicked, but, although it may not show it yet, I'm pretty sure evey element which has a hover state is a link.
Only thing I didn't like - The captcha on your contact form.
Lets be honest...
Haha, not 100% sure what you mean but I've taken a guess, I tend to read too much into things.

On my new website the contact page will be improved. If that's the only thing you don't like then I'm happy Smile
Been pretty busy with other things lately and not had much time to contribute to the MyBB scene, but I've been working on my new homepage, here's a preview of the index page so far:

edit 15/5/2013: linked removed for now, sorry...

What do you think? It uses the twitter bootstrap framework, and is completely responsive.
Just a small typo in your description (under Beautifully Clean Code):

you can easily eidt the website yourself
Ah yes, cheers :p To be honest if that's the only spelling mistake I've done a good job.
I saw it and it instantly reminded me of your site http://mybbwebdesign.com/.

You need to get creative when making different themes. This seems very similar to that design, and all of your portfolio designs seem similar.
(2013-05-15, 02:13 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]I saw it and it instantly reminded me of your site http://mybbwebdesign.com/.

You need to get creative when making different themes. This seems very similar to that design, and all of your portfolio designs seem similar.

Yep you are right, both mybbwebdesign and my current websites are both dated, including the portfolio content. It's all at least a year old, and will all be updated soon.
Pages: 1 2 3