MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too many Queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it bad to have too many Queries like for plugins wise?
The less queries there are the better it is (i think atleast thats true almost always).
Ok, so how do I get less queries?
Use good plugins. Queries are not just about number but also about speed. Two small fast queries is always better than one huge slow one. In my opinion.

Be careful getting plugins that change things in postbit - if they are not correctly made then they would cause a query per post and that can be disastrous.
(2012-12-03, 05:16 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]The less queries there are the better it is (i think atleast thats true almost always).

Of course. The less queries, the faster the app. Smile There are some exceptions but generally it's best to put performance first.

OP, how many queries are being ran on the page you're referring to?
How many queries do you currently have on various pages like the index / showthread etc?

PS:

I always wondered has anybody ever tried to greatly reduce the amount of queries by default of various pages like the index/showthread to below 10 for example?
I have my index running at 9 queries - but I think that is pretty much default. The other thing to check for is template queries where a template is manually loaded. That is an easy win. Right now, I have 25 queries on showthread: 3 from Google SEO, two from a trending plugin, one from a share thing. I think if you disable things like checking for people making join requests for usergroups and don't allow thread subscriptions you can get it lower.
Well I have 39 queries on my plugins page, is that to many?

Also, why is this; rndtime=13545147361662788823 added to the end of all of my urls on my site?
Maybe a link to your site would be nice Smile

ALso 39 queries on what page exactly:

Index =
Show thread =
etc.

Which plugins do have installed?
(2012-12-03, 06:43 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a link to your site would be nice Smile

ALso 39 queries on what page exactly:

Index =
Show thread =
etc.

Which plugins do have installed?

In ACP Plugins
Pages: 1 2