MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] MRPG Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm coming from a year with XenForo back to MyBB - the software I started with and already had much fun in the past. Had no money to buy another XenForo license for my new project but I really don't want to miss it's features and appealing, sleek design so I decided making a forum theme/template myself using MyBB. While doing so in the past 2 weeks I decided to develop themes for MyBB in the future, totally addicted to this. Anyway, really would like some feedback on my "learning by doing" project. Please keep in mind that it isn't done yet.

Note: The account stuff on the top right isn't positioned right - I'll put it all in nice drop down menus (once I figured out how to do that Toungue ). Only screenshots for now, I will publish the link when I feel like the site is "done" and start working on a theme with my gathered knowledge.

OLD
Forum Index User

Forum Index Member Page

Show Thread

Quick Reply/Floating Header

Edit:
After my hard drive(s) broke the above got deleted, I was able to redo everything pretty quickly and I'm further now and thought I'll post a quick update. Smile
Note: It's still very much a work in progress, I still don't feel like sharing the link (yet) Toungue
And please ignore all the spelling mistakes... I will let someone go over this before I promote the website xD
[Image: qTMha.png]

Registration page:
[Image: Emk4d.png]

Index (logged in)
[Image: NTUn6.png]

Showthread
[Image: HmaEX.png]

Thanks for your time. Feedback is appreciated. Smile
I can't say I like it, but it is just fine, not bad.
awesome design, looks great
I like the way you did the avatar on the post bit - are you planning to keep the sidebar on forumdisplay as well?

It is very clean, but it looks quite businesslike. That could of course be the colors.

A question on postbit: are you doing a horizontal style, and have you decided what to do with signatures? Big Grin
@Omar Thanks... I guess Toungue

@Solstice I'm glad you like it Smile

@Leefish I was planning on keeping it - the blocks aren't really done yet and the plugin I'm using (sidebox) messes with the footer somehow.
I really would like to include a CSS customizer with that users can change the headerbar/on and off icon color, later on.
On the MRPG forum I won't make a horizontal postbit style but the theme that will based on it will have it, got a idea for this. I haven't really thought about signatures, I guess I'll put a light grey horizontal line in. Thanks for your feedback. Smile
I like what you have done, but won't mind a bit of color.
(2012-12-06, 01:55 PM)MSD Wrote: [ -> ]I like what you have done, but won't mind a bit of color.

This is personal prefference, I like gray. I really want to put in a fancy front end customizer but if I can't figure out how to do that I will make it easy in the released theme to change the colors using less CSS. Smile
I think it's lovely. One of those clean layouts that's simple and elegant.
I think it matches with the content's theme very well. I've noticed a little bit of something in the designs of rpg websites, in that they have to be extremely organized and the theme does it justice and properly Smile
LOOKS AWESOME!
Are you planning to release this for free (PLEASE TELL ME YESSad ) ?
If so, when are you planning to release this epic theme?Heart
Pages: 1 2 3