MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Forum Subscriptions, Thread Subscriptions, and User Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I want to take off completely the Forum Subscriptions, Thread Subscriptions, and User Email, and for the user email, I want it so no one can see each other emails or send emails to each other. The only people who can see users emails is users who have access to the ACP.

How would I do that?
Can anyone help me?
You can remove the forum subscriptions and thread subscriptions links from the usercp, show thread, new reply and new thread if you want.

To remove forum subscriptions and thread subscriptions links:

Templates > Your theme > Expand User Control Panel Templates > usercp_nav_misc

Find and remove:
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=subscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_subscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_subscribed_threads}</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=forumsubscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_fsubscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_forum_subscriptions}</a></td></tr>

Templates > Your theme > New Thread Templates > newthread

Find and remove:
{$subscriptionmethod}

Templates > Your theme > Expand New Reply Templates > newreply

Find and remove:
{$subscriptionmethod}

Templates > Your theme > Expand Show Thread Templates > showthread

Find and remove:
<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>

Templates > Your theme > Expand Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_threadlist

Find and remove:
<a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>{$clearstoredpass}</strong></span>

To remove the send email link, go to Templates > Your theme > Member Templates > member_profile

Find and remove:
{$sendemail}

Templates > Your theme > Post Bit Templates > postbit_classic

Find and remove:
{$post['button_email']}
(2012-12-13, 07:46 PM)Stephon Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove the forum subscriptions and thread subscriptions links from the usercp, show thread, new reply and new thread if you want.

To remove forum subscriptions and thread subscriptions links:

Templates > Your theme > Expand User Control Panel Templates > usercp_nav_misc

Find and remove:
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=subscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_subscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_subscribed_threads}</a></td></tr>
	<tr><td class="trow1 smalltext"><a href="usercp.php?action=forumsubscriptions" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_fsubscriptions">{$lang->ucp_nav_forum_subscriptions}</a></td></tr>

Templates > Your theme > New Thread Templates > newthread

Find and remove:
{$subscriptionmethod}

Templates > Your theme > Expand New Reply Templates > newreply

Find and remove:
{$subscriptionmethod}

Templates > Your theme > Expand Show Thread Templates > showthread

Find and remove:
<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>

Templates > Your theme > Expand Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_threadlist

Find and remove:
<a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>{$clearstoredpass}</strong></span>

To remove the send email link, go to Templates > Your theme > Member Templates > member_profile

Find and remove:
{$sendemail}

Templates > Your theme > Post Bit Templates > postbit_classic

Find and remove:
{$post['button_email']}

ok, tks, but people can still access it if they know the link, so how would i delete the link so if someone types it in the address bar or they have it as a bookmark, how would i delete it so it doesn't exist?
Deleting/removing it would require core edits.
(2012-12-15, 09:35 PM)Stephon Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting/removing it would require core edits.

What are core edits?
Anyone?
It means you'd have to edit the files.
(2013-01-07, 08:57 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It means you'd have to edit the files.

ok, tks, +rep
(2012-12-13, 07:46 PM)Stephon Wrote: [ -> ]Templates > Your theme > Expand Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_threadlist

Find and remove:

simple correction to removal directions of this:

Only remove this:
 | <a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>{$clearstoredpass}

otherwise you'll have a html error because of deleting the closing tags to span and strong.
Pages: 1 2