MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Thunderbird?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone try it recently? I downloaded it today because my web-based provider was pissing me off today. Either way I'm loving the new look (very chrome Toungue).

The lightning calendar plugin is also very nice. And I thought I would just share with you all I guess.
Been using it for a while. Was there a UI update recently? It's looked the same for me for a few months.
I'm guessing it happened last month based on
Quote:What happened to the Thunderbird File, Edit, and View menus?

If you're using any version of Thunderbird released in November 2012 or later, you now have a Menu button on the top right that takes the most common functions and puts them in one menu and by default for new Thunderbird users, the menu bar is hidden.

I haven't used Thunderbird in over a year so I'm not sure Toungue.
Any benefits in using the new Thunderbird over Apple Mail? I've used both in the past and I've always been impressed with Mail's smart junk mail folders and scalability of features.
I've never seen the need for an email client. Gmail is awesome.
(2012-12-11, 06:41 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I've never seen the need for an email client. Gmail is awesome.

I agree but they are nice for multiple email addresses.Wink

(2012-12-11, 06:39 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Any benefits in using the new Thunderbird over Apple Mail? I've used both in the past and I've always been impressed with Mail's smart junk mail folders and scalability of features.

Never used apple mail so I don't know honestly. I'm sure you could find a comparison somewhere though.
Sparrow army, assemble!
(2012-12-11, 06:41 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I've never seen the need for an email client. Gmail is awesome.

This.

Though UI plays a big part in my choice of product so I'll definitely give the new Thunderbird a try.
Opera for the win. Comes with email client built-in.
Who needs mail clients, web based mail FTW! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3