MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really need help, just please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Your cookie domain is, once again, blank. Try deleting ./inc/settings.php
done, i think now it's not blank now, but still not working for me.
Clear your cookies and try to login again.
done, but again nothing, you can check byself. becouse if i login on the homepage, i must insert again login detailes if i go on forum page
(2012-12-12, 06:11 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Clear your cookies and try to login again.
it don't work, can you help me pleaseSad
(2012-12-15, 01:07 PM)pilinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-12, 06:11 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Clear your cookies and try to login again.

To make sure i am right you also want users to be able to login on your home page:

http://letsplanmywedding.com/

I have no clue if your login on your homepage works or is done correctly but how i do it since i have my forums also outside my homepage root is by having the following settings (applied to your site):

Cookie domain:
.letsplanmywedding.com

Cookie path:
/

Cookie prefix: (just leave this empty!)

Hopefully that works for you.
Cookies set like this should always be accessible throughout all the sub folders. Though this of course has the risk of crashing with other cookies. And also prevents multiple mybb installations (without different prefixes that is).
(2012-12-15, 09:53 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-15, 01:07 PM)pilinko Wrote: [ -> ]

To make sure i am right you also want users to be able to login on your home page:

http://letsplanmywedding.com/

I have no clue if your login on your homepage works or is done correctly but how i do it since i have my forums also outside my homepage root is by having the following settings (applied to your site):

Cookie domain:
.letsplanmywedding.com

Cookie path:
/

Cookie prefix: (just leave this empty!)

Hopefully that works for you.
Cookies set like this should always be accessible throughout all the sub folders. Though this of course has the risk of crashing with other cookies. And also prevents multiple mybb installations (without different prefixes that is).

Well yes my problem that i have only one registration, and all work perfectly, till it's time for logins, here is the problem. Becouse if i put login detailes on homepage it log and all work perfectly, but if i move on forum section, im not more login and i must to put again the login detailes, but a lot of users will don't know about this things. And was much more pretty and userfriendly if when they goes to click on inbox email will automated be loget into forum.

Say this, i'd like to know more about kind of crashes, and if it's not seriusly the problems and it's not dangerouse, please tell me about this
(2012-12-17, 12:05 AM)pilinko Wrote: [ -> ]Well yes my problem that i have only one registration, and all work perfectly, till it's time for logins, here is the problem. Becouse if i put login detailes on homepage it log and all work perfectly, but if i move on forum section, im not more login and i must to put again the login detailes, but a lot of users will don't know about this things. And was much more pretty and userfriendly if when they goes to click on inbox email will automated be loget into forum.

Say this, i'd like to know more about kind of crashes, and if it's not seriusly the problems and it's not dangerouse, please tell me about this

The weird thing is i have the same setup more or less with one site as you. Homepage is simply a custom written portal page with bits of code from the forums here. And all displayed in a way i want it to be displayed. And have those settings. Weirdly i do not have these issues at all..

But maybe its because you use a custom login box on your homepage. That is not setting the mybb cookies. Looking at the fields you use it does not seem to be interacting with the mybb do_login action in member.php. So it could very well be that the cookies that are needed to remember if you are logged in never get set. The easiest way to check this is after you login.
Look if the cookie got set for mybbuser. If that is not the case you will have to change the way your login box works.

Because these two lines:

member.php line 1261 / 1262
my_setcookie("mybbuser", $user['uid']."_".$user['loginkey'], $remember, true);
my_setcookie("sid", $session->sid, -1, true);

Are then not run from member.php.

As a reference the default look of the do_login form looks like this:

<form method="post" action="http://letsplanmywedding.com/forum/member.php">
	<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
	<input type="hidden" name="url" value="../index.php" />
	Username: 
		<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;
	<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" value="" />
		<br />
		<br />
	Password: 
		<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;
	<input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" value="" />
		<br />
		<br />
	<label title="If ticked, your login details will be remembered on this computer.">
		<input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" value="yes" />
		Remember me
	</label>
		<br />
		<br />
		<br />
	<input type="submit" class="button" name="loginsubmit" value="Login!" />
</form>

Simply a copy paste of the portal version with the correct values filled in.
(2012-12-17, 01:42 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ][quote='pilinko' pid='949783' dateline='1355702727']

member.php line 1261 / 1262

Are then not run from member.php.

As a reference the default look of the do_login form looks like this:

<form method="post" action="http://letsplanmywedding.com/forum/member.php">
	<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
	<input type="hidden" name="url" value="../index.php" />
	Username: 
		<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;
	<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" value="" />
		<br />
		<br />
	Password: 
		<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;
	<input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" value="" />
		<br />
		<br />
	<label title="If ticked, your login details will be remembered on this computer.">
		<input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" value="yes" />
		Remember me
	</label>
		<br />
		<br />
		<br />
	<input type="submit" class="button" name="loginsubmit" value="Login!" />
</form>

Simply a copy paste of the portal version with the correct values filled in.

Well i have tried and after this i can't login into forum, becouse says problem on this line code i have changed. In member.php it's this code:

For the first settings on inc/settings.php was working fine only if i was login into forum, and if i pass on homepage im still also loged, but if i login on my homepage and im going to forum i must enter again the login detailes, which can be the problem?
Did you check without changing anything if the MyBB cookies got set on your homepage upon login?
And also check: If you would go to the forums and log in there first if you where also logged in on the home page afterwards.

For the rest i am not sure exactly what you have done. Did you change a line of code? Not 100% sure what you just wrote and or did.
Pages: 1 2 3