MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really need help, just please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well i have changed the settings in inc/setting.php , and was working fine if i login first on forum. But if i log in homepage, after i must put again login detailes for forum.

I have try to change member php but was not working for me
What I did to fix this issue when I had it was set the cookie path etc in the mybb_settings table in the phpmyadmin then I deleted the ./inc/settings.php file and it worked.
(2012-12-17, 10:43 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]What I did to fix this issue when I had it was set the cookie path etc in the mybb_settings table in the phpmyadmin then I deleted the ./inc/settings.php file and it worked.

Looking at everything the settings are correct the only problem he has is that the homepage form him is not setting the mybb cookie.

Quote:Well i have changed the settings in inc/setting.php , and was working fine if i login first on forum. But if i log in homepage, after i must put again login detailes for forum.

What pretty much happens now is:

- on the forum site it ofcourse works setting his cookies correctly.
- on the homepage when logging in the mybb cookies never get set. Which means the thing never realizes he is logged in. So the login / registration form on the front page also has to do the mybb set cookie for the user.

Not sure if there is an easy way to even do this. Only way i know is use the standard mybb form and not the custom one. And put the redirect page back to the homepage. I think that is the easiest way to do what he wants.
Yes but doing this i will make some bad settings and will not work good, becouse i have 2 User Panels, first it's from homepage, were can change date of wedding, and some pretty things, and other it's forum panel, were changed signature ect.. So if i will do in this way will not work, becouse the login from homepage i need to it to work and to make the changes on homepage..

Any suggestion to make this work for me in simple way, to not change a lot of code
Pages: 1 2 3