MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Endless scrolling in MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thank you very much Beardy Big Grin
came across this and thought might help you Big Grin

https://github.com/paulirish/infinite-scroll
arg jQuery Sad

Thank you for the link - but that really is quite complex and a bit beyond me to integrate into MyBB.
It's actually incredibly easy to integrate with MyBB (or anything really). I have a semi-working setup. I was trying to get it to work 100% before posting. I'll let you guys know if it's worth looking into.

As for jQuery, I think you're wasting your time trying to use just Prototype. 1.8 uses jQuery, so you'll eventually have to scrap all the Prototype stuff. You are upgrading to 1.8, right? Smile
I'm using jQuery already so that's a non-issue for me :p
I will upgrade to 1.8 if it is compatible with XThreads.

yea, I know jQuery is the library of choice -and I am not a luddite - it is just that I don't want to load BOTH jQuery and Prototype. Once 1.8 comes in (and XThreads works with it) then I shall use jQuery quite happily.
(2012-12-21, 12:24 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]You are upgrading to 1.8, right? Smile

Dunno. I'd have to see the code first. Toungue

Seriously though, looking forward to your infinite scrolling solution.
I find it embarrassing that I am as excited as I am :p

Can't wait to see this! Big Grin
Any updates? Angel
sounds like a nice feature to have, but anyone running CPM based ads wont like it. i already offer large PPP options the user can select from, so i am going to force a new page view sooner or later
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8