MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Endless scrolling in MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well, it's not a surprise that ads can compromise user experience, now is it?

I only plan to run this in a handful of forums, not all of them. But for a view like this ...

[Image: uIbId.png]

Endless scrolling is definitely preferable to pagination.
(2013-01-01, 05:39 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's not a surprise that ads can compromise user experience, now is it?

I only plan to run this in a handful of forums, not all of them. But for a view like this ...

[Image: uIbId.png]

Left and right arrow key navigation could be another neat alternative.
(2013-01-01, 05:39 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's not a surprise that ads can compromise user experience, now is it?

well there is no user experience if there is no site because it gets too big to be hosted for free. its gotta be paid for somehow when you need a setup that runs a couple 100 bucks a month.

i did not say the idea was bad, just that it has a revenue impact. some of us run sites for the money, some for the fun and some for both. I happen to be in the "money" and "both" categories.

it would work well for your example, but i would be sure to optimize the images as load time gets impacted as does browser memory limitations especially with mobile
this layout won't be used for mobile. i'm working on a custom theme for mobile only.

I just don't like CPM ads period, CPC is preferable for me haha

Don't forget I work in marketing, I'm not completely clueless. I'm not trying to chastise anyone, just pointing out that ads interfering with a better user experience happens. There's also ways to work CPM into this, like showing an ad in between blocks of content on the endless scroll.
most ad networks limit how many ads you can show on a given page so you are giving up the pageviews if you are on CPM. If CPC worked for me, I would do that, but CPM pays better in my niche.

not arguing, just giving the other perspective.
Ahh, good point u_u
I haven't really been working on anything over the holidays, but before my break I started work on the base of the plugin and got a general concept down on paper of how it would handle new replies or deleted threads. Not sure on when it would be done, but I'd like to have it finished by the end of next week (assuming I don't run into any problems).
Very nice. Good idea. Smile
I'll use it.
Is this still being worked on by anyone?
I guess this is dead Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8