MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LeetCave.com - Where The Elite Converse (Friendly Discussions & FREE GIVEAWAYS!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 6F32B.png]

[Image: 0LVvC.png]

We are currently hosting a Top Poster Competition, whoever the Top Poster is within the next 30 days will receive $35.00 USD courtesy of www.LeetCave.com for their efforts.
*Bump - Thread layout added.

Competition details below.

To see further details register and view the competition thread.

Thanks!

PS - Looking for feedback!
Honestly i find it a bit to dark, the whole theme can be summed up by grey-black and blue. And especially the background is to dark. I think if you would have used a differently styled background it would be an okayish theme.

Otherwise you could merge some forums besides that you have no use for VIP sections hosting your site in its current form will not require much to any additional funding normally. The moment you go to VPS you could consider it i guess if you ever reach that amount of posts/members.
Besides that reason VIP for forums in my opinion doesn't work if they do not offer anything for it. How long would a member be VIP for ever or just a year?

I mean VIP costs 10 dollars to put that in perspective there are networks that offer for 21+ sites an add free experience and a host of other features (for about 15 a year), none of which restrict normal users.

Besides this.. non premium members cannot download attachments? That is seriously bad..
Expect no less from a forum called LeetCave that markets itself to "the elite." Elitism usually follows.
Be of good cheer. There are only 13 Elite- the rest of us peons will have to post elsewhere it seems.

On a serious note - theme is not bad - generic, but nice enough. The header is huge and delivering no value, far too many forums especially as most of them are empty.

Tip for you: Most MyBB forum users are running their forums. They are not that likely to join your forum and even less likely if it has no content, so posting it here half-empty is not a good idea.
I have to agree with Leefish. The website is very empty and has almost no content. I think you should fill the site up more then promote it because it won't attract to many users
As all of us know you cannot gain users without advertising and we all know this section is used to advertise more so than showcase.

Let alone VIP upgrades are what I choose and what I choose alone, no user if forced to upgrade @anori and you're opinion is greatly appreciated. Normal users should understand that attachments are on my hosting and let alone allowing them to download them is a privilege and if a user wishes to have it they can upgrade. Only a part of many tactics used to boost users thoughts about upgrading.

Yes my forum is quite empty, but again, one cannot grow without advertising an empty site.

Theme wise I understand it is dark and empty as well lol, I will work on it further.

Thank you all for your opinions and feedback. Smile
I completely agree that you need to advertise - but you do need to make sure you are ready to advertise.

You are advertising a forum - full of cool and interesting people and lively discussion and debate and the opportunity to upgrade your account and get something meaningful.

Or at least, that is what you should be advertising.
(2012-12-21, 08:46 AM)ClayJay Wrote: [ -> ]Let alone VIP upgrades are what I choose and what I choose alone, no user if forced to upgrade @anori and you're opinion is greatly appreciated. Normal users should understand that attachments are on my hosting and let alone allowing them to download them is a privilege and if a user wishes to have it they can upgrade. Only a part of many tactics used to boost users thoughts about upgrading.

The problem is, it should at this stage not be your goal to make money there is no way you will. At least not much, in any form that is. A far better goal is to try to get members to posts things. Awards how silly it is is a system that can achieve this. You could easily make a minimum amount of post requirement / award requirement for a user to download/upload an attachment.

The fact people have to pay 10+ dollars (which should in the current form easily cover your hosting costs maybe even for 2 months). Is just bad, i don't even think premium features on forums ever work how big the site even becomes. The only exceptions would be maybe really ict/tech savvy forums. For the nature of attracting far more users using Adblockers. And even then i think you would have to see more then 50% of your users use such a plugin.
Besides this the other exception would be if you offer more. You offer small features now that literally do not do much.

In the end the only focus you should have is:

"Get new members / more posts"

And money should have the lowest priority now.
@Leefish - All in time good sir, thank you for your reply.

@anori - Completely understandable and I agree and understand.

But we all know, everyone has different opinions, every successful person has a different way of going about it as not many or any are successful by completely following the steps of others, there is always a change. Perhaps my steps are wandering in odd directions or down odd roads but all in time is what I can say.

I understand if what I am doing as a Webmaster / Forum Owner seems odd or out right stupid, but one can only do so much to differ from the rest let alone take shots in the dark.

Thank you all once again, more replies will always be appreciated, and if you all wish to continue to post feedback and suggestions it will be greatly appreciated. I'm not going to be another user who gets hot headed over criticism, as it can only better my site right? Smile
Pages: 1 2