MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to get a big board badge on MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-12-20, 07:28 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]Only 100k posts to join? Seems like low standards to me. My site has only been open for 3 months and I am almost a 1/4 of the way there.

The BBO group isn't for recognition of the fact you have a big board, it gives you access to a forum that has a ton of tips and tricks to optimize your forum when it has that many members/posts/etc.
Quite an achievement considering you don't even allow search engines to read your posts. Smile

But a lot of forums just don't see that much of traffic (nor do they want to). It's not only a matter of success but also of concept, for example not all forums allow forum games or pointless posts, whereas on other forums you might find 100k posts for those alone...
(2012-12-19, 04:46 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-19, 03:26 PM)Bhojo_Rajo Wrote: [ -> ]and hey mate, your site http://opforum.net/ is down LOL Big Grin

Really not sure I would be cool with you being a BBO, LOL Big Grin.

But yeah, 100k posts is needed.

LOL Big Grin NICE ONE CRAYO

---

But seriously, 100k posts for BBO. Decent enough requirement IMO.
(2012-12-20, 07:34 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-20, 07:28 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]Only 100k posts to join? Seems like low standards to me. My site has only been open for 3 months and I am almost a 1/4 of the way there.

The BBO group isn't for recognition of the fact you have a big board, it gives you access to a forum that has a ton of tips and tricks to optimize your forum when it has that many members/posts/etc.

* Krytic sets up a cron posting job. Toungue
100k is reasonable because that's a mark which you may need expanded help with server and site optimizations which the BBO group is known for.
Oh ok guys, wasn't fully aware of the BBO group. Someone could set up a forum with like less than 100 members and spam up to 100k or buy a bunch of databases and that would be un deserved recognition imo.

(2012-12-20, 07:39 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Quite an achievement considering you don't even allow search engines to read your posts. Smile

But a lot of forums just don't see that much of traffic (nor do they want to). It's not only a matter of success but also of concept, for example not all forums allow forum games or pointless posts, whereas on other forums you might find 100k posts for those alone...
Thanks and also I agree. I am glad the members voted to ban forum games to keep the pointless/spam posts on ezee to minimal to none.
(2012-12-22, 12:49 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok guys, wasn't fully aware of the BBO group. Someone could set up a forum with like less than 100 members and spam up to 100k or buy a bunch of databases and that would be un deserved recognition imo.

This has happened before iirc, it's not hard to spot, and the person responsible was called out and removed from BBO group.
I feel aside from the "100,000" posts requirement, there should be an active users requirement too.

A 100,000 posts board with little to no visitors clearly doesn't require server optimization assistance.
(2012-12-22, 12:49 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok guys, wasn't fully aware of the BBO group. Someone could set up a forum with like less than 100 members and spam up to 100k or buy a bunch of databases and that would be un deserved recognition imo.

The point being...? Believe me, there is nothing there worth cheating and you most probably wouldn't have any use for the information there, anyways.
It's working out fine the way it is. Unless we start to run in to any issues with the BBO group I can't see any changes being made.
Pages: 1 2 3