MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wheres root for logo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

i'd like to change the "mybb" logo on my forum and saw a post that said i need to go into ROOT then images. However, i cant find ROOT in tools and maintenance.

Could someone point me in the right direction please id really appreciate it.
ROOT refers to default folder in your FTP program like FileZilla. Something like this cannot be done with the AdminCP, you must use a FTP program with login details provided by your host.
The root directory is the directory where MyBB is installed.

For example, if you installed MyBB to /home/riskymonk/public_html/forum/ then /home/riskymonk/public_html/forum/ would be the root directory. It's neither an actual directory nor a module in the ACP.
(2012-12-19, 07:01 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The root directory is the directory where MyBB is installed.

For example, if you installed MyBB to /home/riskymonk/public_html/forum/ then /home/riskymonk/public_html/forum/ would be the root directory. It's neither an actual directory nor a module in the ACP.

Hello Nathan

I've put the gif picture in my root directory now how do I put remove the mybb logo and replace it with mine?
Admin CP -> Templates & Styles -> Themes -> *your theme* -> Board Logo

Change to your logo location.
(2012-12-19, 09:05 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP -> Templates & Styles -> Themes -> *your theme* -> Board Logo

Change to your logo location.

this isnt working for me. i even put home/n013re5/public_html/forum/ in image directory.

This is what i put in board logo C:\Users\Mark\Pictures/2013.gif and i tried this as well Pictures/2013.gif but neither work.
You are doing it wrong. If you uploaded to the root directory, just 2013.gif should work.
(2012-12-19, 09:30 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]You are doing it wrong. If you uploaded to the root directory, just 2013.gif should work.

No not working in css either what about if i were to change permissions? would something like this allow the picture to be displayed? the permissions are read, write and execute
What is the URL to the image?
(2012-12-20, 01:55 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]What is the URL to the image?

Hello Kodaks

Thanks for taking the time out to help me.

The image doesnt have a URL as far as I know this is all ive got

file:///C:/Users/Mark/Pictures/2013.gif
and
home/n013re5/public_html/forum/ in webhostinghub cpanel
Pages: 1 2