MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change index.php to portal.php but have it as Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-12-23, 02:42 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]You will have selected the checkbox to not show it again, in which case press "reset all interface settings" to get it to appear again. Once you click file manager now the popup will appear where you can choose "show dot files". Bear in mind other interface preferences will be reset too but these shouldn't cause you any problems.

I'm sure there is another way to change the setting but I cant remember it

Aventura

ok, did that, now what?
Right so now you should be able to see a file called: ".htaccess" in your forum root. You need to either:
Copy the contents of "htaccess.txt" into it
or
Delete it and rename "htaccess.txt" to ".htaccess"

Then add the line suggested earlier by Pandaa
(2012-12-23, 02:51 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]Right so now you should be able to see a file called: ".htaccess" in your forum root. You need to either:
Copy the contents of "htaccess.txt" into it
or
Delete it and rename "htaccess.txt" to ".htaccess"

Then add the line suggested earlier by Pandaa

Ok, and where would I put that code?

Also how do I fix this?
[Image: gjmgK.png]
And how do you update plugins?
[Image: cjUco.png]
Adding the code to the beginning of ".htaccess" should work.

As for your other questions:
Start a new thread for your google SEO issue. I think the correct forum is: http://community.mybb.com/forum-72.html However, it looks like you haven't set the urls correctly - check your settings.

To update plugins you should just be able to overwrite the files with those of the latest version
(2012-12-23, 03:12 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]Adding the code to the beginning of ".htaccess" should work.

As for your other questions:
Start a new thread for your google SEO issue. I think the correct forum is: http://community.mybb.com/forum-72.html However, it looks like you haven't set the urls correctly - check your settings.

To update plugins you should just be able to overwrite the files with those of the latest version

The urls work but with over 100 SQL Queries.

So I just download the new version and put the files in fire zilla and that's it?
Original topic: Yes - just overwrite the plugin files with the new ones to update.

SEO: Then the URLs are not working correctly - you have a conflicting url setup in the google SEO plugin settings by the sound of it
(2012-12-23, 03:24 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]Original topic: Yes - just overwrite the plugin files with the new ones to update.

SEO: Then the URLs are not working correctly - you have a conflicting url setup in the google SEO plugin settings by the sound of it

How do I know which ones are the new ones?

Also this is what my google seo plugin settings looks like;
[Image: SAqrS.png]
[Image: JeKT5.png]
[Image: squsj.png]
[Image: gNxHH.png]
[Image: trSie.png]
[Image: 0x4rZ.png]
[Image: CxH8X.png]
[Image: bqUop.png]
You don't need to know - just overwrite all of them unless you made changes to any of the plugin files. Deactivating the outdated plugins first would be good practice (overwriting all the files is not good practice).

SEO: You've changed the User URL scheme to just "{URL}". Change it back to the default and I think it will be fixed.
(2012-12-23, 03:52 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to know - just overwrite all of them unless you made changes to any of the plugin files. Deactivating the outdated plugins first would be good practice (overwriting all the files is not good practice).

Ok

(2012-12-23, 03:52 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]SEO: You've changed the User URL scheme to just "{URL}". Change it back to the default and I think it will be fixed.

I want it that way tho.
Why do you want the URL for users to just be the standard forum URL? Also, change it to the default one: "User-{URL}" and see if it fixes the issue. If it doesn't than something else is incorrect and you might be able to have that option.

May I suggest starting a new thread for this Google SEO discussion if the above doesn't fix it (or if it does and you still want it to just be: "URL")
Pages: 1 2 3 4