MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change index.php to portal.php but have it as Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-12-23, 10:47 PM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-23, 05:18 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-23, 05:02 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Every type of URL must have something to distinguish it from every other type of URL. Otherwise it won't know if Thread-Foobar is a thread with subject foobar, or a user named "thread foobar", and one or the other will stop working.

So I gotta make all of them have url at the beggining?
No you need to make each setting different so the plugin can distinguish between a user or a thread etc. as frostschutz said.

Also apologies for the {URL} over {url} confusion

it's all cool, and how would I do that?
You need to make sure that each of those settings in the SEO plugin (threads, users etc.) are different (like the defaults). You also cannot have just {url} as you had earlier.
(2012-12-25, 01:31 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make sure that each of those settings in the SEO plugin (threads, users etc.) are different (like the defaults). You also cannot have just {url} as you had earlier.

ok, so it's gonna have to be like, Thread-{url} to {url}-Thread
(2012-12-25, 01:48 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-25, 01:31 AM)aventura Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make sure that each of those settings in the SEO plugin (threads, users etc.) are different (like the defaults). You also cannot have just {url} as you had earlier.

ok, so it's gonna have to be like, Thread-{url} to {url}-Thread
No you don't need to change them like that. I mean the setting for threads must be different from the setting for the others AND the others must all be different from each other.
If you look at the default settings each is different so that no setting can be confused - this is also the reason why you can't just use {url}.
Pages: 1 2 3 4