MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Website unavailable message (from cloudflare)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can't even access cloudflare.com, it gives me website unavailable, is that a problem on my end or ?
(2012-12-24, 12:18 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even access cloudflare.com, it gives me website unavailable, is that a problem on my end or ?

Its available for me so its your end. You can always check using isup.me
Flushed DNS cache and whatnot, still doesn't work :/
(2012-12-24, 02:48 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Flushed DNS cache and whatnot, still doesn't work :/

What error message do you get exactly?

Also: perhaps this is best suited outside of this thread as its a little Off Topic
(2012-12-24, 12:18 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even access cloudflare.com, it gives me website unavailable, is that a problem on my end or ?

Always check @cloudflaresys on Twitter for status updates. The "Website unavailable" message indicates that either the origin server isn't responding to the request or CloudFlare cannot connect to the origin server as it's not white listed. It was probably just a minor timeout.
I do wonder since it has been happening a few times now the passed month if their are going to be any changes made to prevent it from happening again.

PS: would be a good idea for cloudflare to add a feature to allow people to change the look of that page. To match a persons site and add links to social media etc. would be a huge improvement for information.
(2012-12-25, 11:10 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]PS: would be a good idea for cloudflare to add a feature to allow people to change the look of that page. To match a persons site and add links to social media etc. would be a huge improvement for information.

They do allow this, but it's only available to "business plans" on up, starting at $200/month Toungue.
(2012-12-25, 11:13 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-25, 11:10 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]PS: would be a good idea for cloudflare to add a feature to allow people to change the look of that page. To match a persons site and add links to social media etc. would be a huge improvement for information.

They do allow this, but it's only available to "business plans" on up, starting at $200/month Toungue.

Ah makes sense Smile

They still have to make money to so and for businesses its indeed an important improvement.
(2012-12-25, 11:10 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder since it has been happening a few times now the passed month if their are going to be any changes made to prevent it from happening again.

Chris is usually a busy person, if things get pretty bad we can call him to give him a heads up. Only over the last couple of days have we started to notice any significant issues. As previously mentioned, it's an issue with our servers, not with CloudFlare.

I don't think Chris will want to fork out an extra $200 per month just to customize the error pages. It's already available with the Business plan but he can only fork out so much for a project he doesn't make any revenue from.
(2012-12-25, 11:21 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-25, 11:10 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder since it has been happening a few times now the passed month if their are going to be any changes made to prevent it from happening again.

Chris is usually a busy person, if things get pretty bad we can call him to give him a heads up. Only over the last couple of days have we started to notice any significant issues. As previously mentioned, it's an issue with our servers, not with CloudFlare.

Oh but a month or so ago their were also some days with lots of issues. And lots of errors though that could have been because of something else to.

Quote:

I don't think Chris will want to fork out an extra $200 per month just to customize the error pages. It's already available with the Business plan but he can only fork out so much for a project he doesn't make any revenue from.

no no didn't even realize it was included in the business plan (something i have never looked at) but it makes sense its located in there. And its fully understandable paying 200 a month is a bit extreme .. well really extreme when their is no money made from it.

I do wonder why cloudflare would not allow in all the packages to simply set social media.

So simply twitter/ facebook etc while not allowing any html/css just things added to the page for users to click. Would be quite nice (offtopic :3 )
Pages: 1 2 3 4