MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT: im not admin anymore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have created a new forum with the latest version of mybb. Then I installed the theme DarkFusion and I started to configure the various user groups and forums and powers of internal users. While I was configuring the moderators of a forum, the system suddenly brought me back to the login screen and when I came back I was no longer a simple admin but a normal user. Now I can not configure anything. How can I solve this problem? I cant enter in admin CP anymore...

Please i need help.
Your uid should be 1, right? In the config.php, check if there is this: $config['super_admins'] = '1';
Ok thanks for your rapid answer. Stay tuned please
Access your MySQL through your Hosting Cpanel (or whatever your hosts uses) and access your MyphpMyAdmin for your MySQL, go to your user table and find yourself... change your Group ID GID to your administrator group ID. Default GID is 4 for Admins.
Where i can find config.php?

i moved myself from Admin to super admin group (created by me)
In the /inc folder.
You should always have a backup account with default administrator permissions if you end up changing your main admin account into a different user group entirely without making that account a default admin under additional user groups. Just a suggestion.

If the config thing doesn't work check your MySQL like I suggested earlier.. change temporarily to Default admin group until you have the kinks worked out of your custom user group.
(2012-12-25, 09:53 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Access your MySQL through your Hosting Cpanel (or whatever your hosts uses) and access your MyphpMyAdmin for your MySQL, go to your user table and find yourself... change your Group ID GID to your administrator group ID. Default GID is 4 for Admins.

In the Mysql i find myself but for group id you mean the colomn called "displaygroup or usergroup?

(2012-12-25, 09:59 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]You should always have a backup account with default administrator permissions if you end up changing your main admin account into a different user group entirely without making that account a default admin under additional user groups. Just a suggestion.

If the config thing doesn't work check your MySQL like I suggested earlier.. change temporarily to Default admin group until you have the kinks worked out of your custom user group.

I have reduced the powers of the admin group, they can not move users in the various groups. I should edit the configuration so that I come back into the group superadmin.
Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1';

You'll now be an admin again.

If you're going to change your own usergroup, make sure you change it to one that has admin rights Toungue
(2012-12-25, 09:51 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Your uid should be 1, right? In the config.php, check if there is this: $config['super_admins'] = '1';

I finded the line $config['super_admins'] = '1'; in config.php, so what i should do?
Pages: 1 2