MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBulletinBoard Hosting Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

As in the next few days I am going to open my hosting company, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a script that is able to setup MyBB's as follows:

Runs off one database (if possible)
Categorises the different forums
Allows FTP access to each (if poss.)
Allows me to control all forums from a cp, including email all the admins
Allows me to have pre-installed skins, templates, mods e.t.c.

In return for this, I will probably be able to offer free hosting for the creator of this.

Thanks.
Well mybb already runs in 1 database! but in that it'll have about 30 tables.

It can all rerady categories the different forums - do this in AdminCP.
Go here for info: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...p?tid=1280

Don't know what you mean buy "FTP access to each"!

You can do all that stuff in the adminCP, just add admin/ to the end of the URL of your board.

It already comes with 1 pre-installed skin, but it is easy to install multiple skins. For mods goto http://www.mybbmods.com also for skins you can there too.
Sorry - you have entirely misunderstood my post.

I want a script that allows me to setup multiple MyBB's through a script.
oh sorry! about that!
I imagine, something that would create a random table prefix in the *1* DB per new board install would be in order.
A few questions:

1) Would each MyBB have it's own database table prefix
eg. Forum1 would have
forum1_forums, forum1_posts, and all the other tables
and Forum2 would have
forum2_forums, forum2_posts, and all the other tables
or would you want all the MyBBs to share one common set of tables?

2) Would the users be common between all the MyBBs?

3) Would each MyBB have it's own folder with it's own files? Or would each MyBB run on the same set of files?

4) Would a web-based file uploader suffice as a file manager? I don't know how you would allow FTP users to be made through PHP (depends on the server, no?)

5) What kind of stuff do you want on the "super" control panel? As a web host, I would assume that you have access to the database to modify anything there as well. Would you want moderator rights on all the MyBBs forums?
If you have one board in the database that was installed using the prefix bb1_ then all the tables would be have that as a prefix. If then you went and installed another board using prefix bb2_ then it would install the exact same table as the first board, but they would be under the prefix bb2_ . bb1_ and bb2_ tables would not talk to each other so the two boards would be separate entities within the same database (mind you that after say 300 forums installed in one DB, the table listing would be huge). And since this RC version of myBB stores attachments in the database as well, then you might end up with a really huge DB (might wanna check if there is a mysql db size limitation) just in case.
1) Yes, that's probably best

2) No - each forum would be independent

3) Probably different files

4) Yes, that's very good

5) I would want the ability to delete installations, email all the administrators and probably access the admin CP through mine.
he wants to offer bulletin board hosting, like many people have modified phpBB and Invision's to offer free forums to everyone.

example:

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/

i would like this script as well, as i am looking into offering free phpBB forum hosting, but having a myBB one would be way cooler.

edit: plus! this script would get the word out on mybb