MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think we need a Mod Permissions feature in the ACP similar to the Admin CP so we can control which Mod can do what.

I think this feature is needed.

Useful for when you hire new staff on your forum and their on their "trial period"
You can already do that when you assign a moderator or group to a specific forum.
I'm talking about Mod Permissions for Global/Super Mods that can moderate the whole forum.
I think that does already exist as a plugin - I am unsure if it should be core.
This is the plugin you are looking for: http://mods.mybb.com/view/moderator-cp-permissions

As to if it should be core, I think only banning and profile editor should be something that would have an actual permission to have to have.
I think wether this should be core would vary depending on what type of forum it is. A forum with lots of volenteer moderators that you don't know and that could do something wrong could want this. A forum that wouldn't want this might be one made for a company or business with the mods being the company personnel thus being trusted.
(2012-12-30, 09:56 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I think wether this should be core would vary depending on what type of forum it is. A forum with lots of volenteer moderators that you don't know and that could do something wrong could want this. A forum that wouldn't want this might be one made for a company or business with the mods being the company personnel thus being trusted.

Perfect Example.

I think it should be core, maybe an option under Configurations to enable "Mod Permissions".

So if the owner does want to moderate what Mods can do, he/she can utilize the feature.

I'm sure lots of forums would use this feature.
Thanks. A setting in the General Configuration group for this.
(2012-12-30, 02:38 PM)imtiax Wrote: [ -> ]I think we need a Mod Permissions feature in the ACP similar to the Admin CP so we can control which Mod can do what.

I think this feature is needed.

Useful for when you hire new staff on your forum and their on their "trial period"

Just use the Forum Moderator and assign them to specific forum sections.Then assign permissions to it.
This is not forum permissions. It's can ban users, can warn users, can edit users, can ip search, can manage announcements, can view mod logs, can manage moderation queue, can view reported posts and others.
Pages: 1 2