MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: favicon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please consider adding a default favicon.ico to the mybb program.

I have gone ahead and made one that uses the talk bubbles on the logo.
i agree with your suggestion and your icon was nice. it is upto the dev team
We didn't get any official response on this. Any chance this can be implemented. I often has lots of tabs and I lose the mybb site because it doesn't have an icon.
labrocca Wrote:We didn't get any official response on this. Any chance this can be implemented. I often has lots of tabs and I lose the mybb site because it doesn't have an icon.

If the actual website the forum is on has a favicon - then it will be shown next to the bookmark .

Both the below image examples are forum bookmarks that go straight to the www.yourdomain.com/forum
Yeah we know all this hairy_armpit. And we are asking mybb to implement one here and in the default install of mybb. I am perfectly aware of how favicons work as I have them on almost all my sites.
I'd like a direct way to set the favicon in the Theme Editor, it'd be cool ;D
PHP_Paul Wrote:I'd like a direct way to set the favicon in the Theme Editor, it'd be cool ;D

You can add a meta tag for favicon in the header template. From my experience it's just easier to place the file in your site root.
I don't think this is going to be implimented. First of all, it's a very small feature and can be added using the template system with basic html knownledge. And second, I don't want a thousand questions asking ' HLEP ME! WTF Is a FaViCOn???'.

If someone wanted, I think it would be a good tutorial to those who want.
Agreed Tiki. I can just see people asking what it is, how to chage it, how to remove it, etc. It's so simple to add yourself if you want it, I really don't see the need for a standard feature.
How about just a favicon then for this site?  It really DOES help when people are viewing sites from a broswer with tabs.

Example:
[attachment=4652]

I even went ahead and made a nice favicon..it just needs to be uploaded to root...that's it.

Please.
Pages: 1 2 3