MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (SOLVED) Advanced Sideboxes - Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
the only issue i see is not having both side bars on the portal. besides that it looks great. How could i get both sidebars to work on the portal anyway? Currently i have a template that i customized so that it has 2 sidebars but i have to manually enter code and stuff to add. would love it if i could get this plugin to do that for me. ideas?

also with this couldnt you make the middle part of the portal customizable as well? even go as far as stating diff sidebars depending on page(portal, index, thread, so on)? would that be possible at some point?
(2013-01-04, 11:44 PM)sarge888 Wrote: [ -> ]the only issue i see is not having both side bars on the portal.

I have almost finished adding that enhancement. I will probably push those changes to GitHub by the end of the day.

(2013-01-04, 11:44 PM)sarge888 Wrote: [ -> ]also with this couldnt you make the middle part of the portal customizable as well? even go as far as stating diff sidebars depending on page(portal, index, thread, so on)? would that be possible at some point?

I don't know how far I should go with portal customization. Every admin will not want this plugin to takeover their entire portal with sidebox content. Perhaps if I can think of a way to make it an option I will do something like that.

Thanks for taking the time to respond a be looking for that update later today.
(2013-01-03, 07:04 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I have already changed some things in the code for portal replacement sideboxes so that box sets (right and left) of portal boxes are displayed. I am having problems getting it to display properly.

If you create an issue at GitHub you will be able to track the progress of this enhancement.

Thanks for your interest.

Also, would you mind editing your review on the mods site to reflect that those issues were solved? As it stand it looks as if you are warning people not to use this plugin.

Perhaps I am taking it wrong, though.

Cheers,
Wildcard

I am sorry, Wildcat. Really forgot about that. Fixed that. Smile

Cheers

Wolf
(2013-01-05, 12:11 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-04, 11:44 PM)sarge888 Wrote: [ -> ]the only issue i see is not having both side bars on the portal.

I have almost finished adding that enhancement. I will probably push those changes to GitHub by the end of the day.

ok il keep an eye out for it. thanks
did you ever post that update on github? i dont see any updates from the last couple days.
No I haven't update yet.

When I considered all the feedback I've received so far my conclusion is that the structure needed to be altered to allow more features. These changes will constitute a 50% rewrite when I am done, but will add features that have been asked for.

Because of the large amount of code that was changed I need more time to test to be sure that it is all in good working order.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Cheers
No problem, love the changes that have been updated on github though. keep up the great work...
i just uploaded the updated version and it doesnt seem to be splitting the columns. It looks as though theres only one column with the side/middle/side going from top to bottom. Was this supposed to be fixed or is it still a work in progress?

If it helps im currently using this theme -- http://mods.mybb.com/view/blackevo4-2

hope this helps
Give me a screen shot. I am having a hard time understanding the problem.
i could only get half a screen due to the scrolling limitation of a screenshot.
anyway as you can see in the image everything is in one column.

im guessing its due to the theme. also i added a issue in the github so you can better work with it
Pages: 1 2 3