MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog Advertiser - Bringing the Blog Community to life!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2013-01-02, 05:13 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]It's not keeping up with times, keeping up with times is your forum being a very modern and stylish forum which it isn't, align:center; is outdated.

To be fair, it's not a necessity. There is no such thing really as "keeping up with the times" when it comes to forums, it is as simple as if it works it works. A stylish theme isn't compulsory but it does definitely help.
He argued such, which is why I said that. Nothing is being said out of context, I am simply replying to his answers.
(2013-01-02, 08:25 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]SHe argued such, which is why I said that. Nothing is being said out of context, I am simply replying to her answers.

I did not argue, you just chose to interpret my words as hostile, which you seem to do quite often.
The definition on argue on that sentence means that "you were saying" - not that you were arguing with me. The only person here getting hostile for no reason is you as I never interpreted your words as hostile nor did I ever said anything that would imply such...

Either way, my advice is just that, an advice and so is my critique. Just seems like these "designers" really don't like honest opinions.
Ok guys, calm down Toungue
(2013-01-02, 08:44 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]The definition on argue on that sentence means that "you were saying" - not that you were arguing with me. The only person here getting hostile for no reason is you as I never interpreted your words as hostile nor did I ever said anything that would imply such...

Either way, my advice is just that, an advice and so is my critique. Just seems like these "designers" really don't like honest opinions.

I'm as cool as a cucumber, don't worry about me Smile I am not interested in arguing. Thanks for your opinion, but I weigh all given opinions evenly and considering that 99% of the feedback I have had is positive I am going to go with the majority.

You call me a "designer", yes I actually am a designer. I get paid for the work I do and I get a lot of work. Just because you don't like my work doesn't mean you can claim I am not a designer, or I myself could do the same to you.
I'd love to see this 99% feedback. I've said it before, people will be complacent if not shown better so opinions from random users do matter, but to be honest I think the opinions of professionals weight a LOT more. The client is not always right - there is a reason why they hire us. If all users knew about design and what they were talking about, you wouldn't get "a lot of work" or get paid to do designs.

Just an fyi.
(2013-01-02, 08:52 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]I'm as cool as a cucumber

But what if it has been out in the sun all day?

I haven't really read much of this thread, but I actually don't mind the theme. Also it seems like you are putting effort into adding content which is great, just stick with it. I don't really see it being a huge forum however, I don't see why people even enter this niche. Anyway, you haven't got too many sections either which is a rarity around here, so thumbs up for that.

Anyway, you should add a slogan to your site title.
(2013-01-02, 09:42 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see this 99% feedback. I've said it before, people will be complacent if not shown better so opinions from random users do matter, but to be honest I think the opinions of professionals weight a LOT more. The client is not always right - there is a reason why they hire us. If all users knew about design and what they were talking about, you wouldn't get "a lot of work" or get paid to do designs.

Just an fyi.

"The client is always right" I see to remember is the golden rule when it comes to any type of business.

What in your mind determines a professional? Someone who has a degree or someone that is recognised for being good at what they do, or maybe any random off the street that claims this?
(2013-01-02, 10:13 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]What in your mind determines a professional? Someone who has a degree or someone that is recognised for being good at what they do, or maybe any random off the street that claims this?

That is a good question - and possibly the seed of an interesting thread - but I think it is OFF-topic for your showcase thread.

I am looking round your site as we speak - but I don't really want to join up to see the user cp - can you post an image please?
Pages: 1 2 3 4