MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog Advertiser - Bringing the Blog Community to life!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ignores my nice post to continue a boring squabble.
(2013-01-02, 10:30 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]Ignores my nice post to continue a boring squabble.

Sorry Crayo, I am very grateful for your comments and didn't see them the first time round.
(2013-01-02, 10:30 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]Ignores my nice post to continue a boring squabble.

Yup, it is a shame really. The design is workmanlike and steady and certainly one of the better forum themes we have seen in showcase. I am NOT a fan of the showthread - it is hard to see who is posting what.
Leefish:

http://d.pr/i/ktAk

Thank you for your comments too, it is nice to know that the theme is appreciated even if not everyone likes it Smile
I agree with Lee the showthread is confusing I really dont know what im reading or where to start. the thought is out of the box which is good but I guess just poorly executed? Also as someone who's been blogging for ten years I'd personally like to see a Blog section for users to talk about different blogging software such as wordpress, serendipty, open blog, b2evelution and so on. It's always good to see different scripts and softwares being used and sometimes youre so impressed with a system that you may want to switch to that. In other words if I was at Message Board Forums Id like to see sections for Mybb, SMF, vB, IPB etc. even though I might not use those systems I still might be interested to see what those softwares are doing whos using them and what theyre capable of.
(2013-01-03, 09:53 PM)vegathechosen Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Lee the showthread is confusing I really dont know what im reading or where to start. the thought is out of the box which is good but I guess just poorly executed? Also as someone who's been blogging for ten years I'd personally like to see a Blog section for users to talk about different blogging software such as wordpress, serendipty, open blog, b2evelution and so on. It's always good to see different scripts and softwares being used and sometimes youre so impressed with a system that you may want to switch to that. In other words if I was at Message Board Forums Id like to see sections for Mybb, SMF, vB, IPB etc. even though I might not use those systems I still might be interested to see what those softwares are doing whos using them and what theyre capable of.
As the forum is new we chose to include all blog discussion in one board which is called Basic Blog Discussion and if you view this you will see there is threads discussing all these things you mentioned Smile
I looked, I'm just saying some software needs more than just a thread. Basically if I was looking for advice on wordpress and you have a thread with 500 posts I'd have to scour and skim the thread to maybe find something that could be helpful to me rather than having a section, me going into that section and seeing "Theme 2012" and i can click on the thread and see news and info about Wordpress's new stock theme and I could read info on the thoughts of some users about some of the new stuff the theme offers.

Basically with just having a thread especially for things as big as blog softwares it just doesnt seem to be enough or easy to navigate. And as I said with the showthread looking the way it does I wouldnt be able to scour pages and pages about random wordpress posts where the subject in the thread can change constantly or something can be skimmed over fairly quickly without someone paying attention to it. Basically you have more impact to get help or feedback or just general responses with that 1st post rather than the 157th post in a growing thread of hundreds or thousands.

But either way very good niche and I like how youre bringing bloggers to forums, good work.
As I said, we started with one board. As the forum grows we can expand, but there is nothing worse than a new forum with far too many boards.
Still looking for new people to join the forum! We have passed 400 posts after only a few days Smile
Just giving this a bump, we have now launched our blog Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4