MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inVisionary - Website Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2013-01-08, 03:22 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually look at the two alternative open source solutions I suggested to you?

Quote:Now let's combine the common forum, to a social network. You can add people, sure. Now let's add a status system, Status Feed, complex friend's system, etc.
Where are you going to get these from?

I think it is great that you want to use MyBB, but you need to know what the software can do - unless you are an experienced php developer and you can make the addons yourself?

It does seem that English is perhaps not your first language, so that might explain why we are failing to communicate with you.

Let me be clear: you need a completely clear plan of what you are going to do and how you are going to do it. Telling us that we are confused is not the way to solve the problem that you have no plan of how you are going to achieve your goal. An idea is not a plan.

Heh. Funny to mention, English is actually my first language. Odd. I know.

Alrighty...let me just get a sip of tea...

Okay. So. As you may see on the website, a forum. Amazing, right? Big Grin that's how it will begin. As I begin to understand how a community works, how people communicate on the forums daily, then I will understand how the social network will grow to be. I really need to stop saying social network...

Adding friends, posting statuses, having an entire gallery for you, the user, etc etc. That's what I mean by social network. It's not like Facebook where you can play cute little flash games with your family Big Grin no. Toungue

I know the social network part has confused some people. But think of it like an adaption. Forum, community, combine that together, a place where people socialize based on their interests in life.

My keyboard is getting tired...anymore questions? Big Grin
(2013-01-08, 03:30 AM)DaedricPrince Wrote: [ -> ]My keyboard is getting tired...anymore questions? Big Grin

No. Good luck with your idea. My keyboard gave up.
(2013-01-08, 03:33 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-08, 03:30 AM)DaedricPrince Wrote: [ -> ]My keyboard is getting tired...anymore questions? Big Grin

No. Good luck with your idea. My keyboard gave up.

xD alright.

The website will be launched soon, after we fix some bugs and settings. And add some more stuff of course...

You may be thinking, 'Hey, what about the social networking crap D:?' Well, that'll come later. After launch, when a community forms, we will be adding better features and such. So stay tune or not...I really don't care about what you do. Big Grin
Is this supposed to be appealing to artists?
(2013-01-08, 11:06 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Is this supposed to be appealing to artists?

Everyone is an artist. Filmmakers, Writers, Drawers...so yes. The key reason why this site is being built, is so people can share their imagination, their vision. Hence the name. Toungue
It's not very inspiring. I think you should take a step back and re-invent, the theme is good but you need something that attracts people, your logo is not appealing either.

It's a nice idea, I'm an artist, so I really do wish you well.
(2013-01-08, 11:10 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]It's not very inspiring. I think you should take a step back and re-invent, the theme is good but you need something that attracts people, your logo is not appealing either.

It's a nice idea, I'm an artist, so I really do wish you well.

Got it. Thanks! Big Grin

I just realized...this is the first input I got. Hats off to you, sir!
Update: We have added a few things regarding to friends, notifications, etc. We are currently working on an imagery gallery. Hopefully, this imagery gallery will be something bigger. Like a gallery for videos, photos, games even.

Also, we need more input! This really isn't fun when I get no feedback...
So... the "website" is called inVisionary... and yet "inVisionary" isn't even in your link.

You're not getting much feedback because everyone sees this as a doomed idea.

But good luck anyway.
(2013-01-10, 06:42 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]You're not getting much feedback because everyone sees this as a doomed idea.

Which is a silly reason to not give feedback. If he has the resolve to follow through and everyone thinks it'll fail, why aren't they giving feedback that helps it accomplish the opposite? Constructive criticism and feedback don't only apply to generally accepted ideas, you know. Instead of saying "this idea is awful stop trying", actually try to, you know, be helpful?

also did you bother to read his showcase thread? He clearly states it's in pre-alpha and he'll be getting a domain when at least some of the features he wants are working. All good ideas start this way; see: Backloggery.
Pages: 1 2 3 4