MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT: My website using mybb forum is hacked today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Guys,

My website using mybb forum is hacked today Sad.. I don't have much knowledge but below is screenshot of hacker page:-

[Image: LShuO.png]

Please guys tell me what to do now... Please guys help me recover my website. Please I need help urgently.
What is your board URL?
Provide your sites URL, List of plugins you use or remember and your MyBB version.

Til then do the following.

Replace all your files in the root of your FTP. Which includes files such as global.php, member.php etc but not the folders. Before doing so, find out what files were edited today or yesterday. Also are you on a shared hosting?
kamz - if they replace the files, they need to save the modified files for inspection though.
(2013-01-10, 01:23 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]kamz - if they replace the files, they need to save the modified files for inspection though.

True that's why I said find out what files were edited.
Sorry. I didn't read that far in your post Toungue
(2013-01-10, 01:50 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. I didn't read that far in your post Toungue

It's cool, I completely understand. It happens to me too sometimes.
You seem to be missing all your files such as memberlist.php, usercp.php.

It's most likely your server got hacked and the hackers deleted all your files and uploaded a deface page. I think your DB is still safe.

Now as for the solution. You need to move to a new host, upload a fresh copy of a MyBB and move your DB to your new host. I wouldn't recommend uploading a backup of FTP files to be on the safe side.
Pages: 1 2 3