MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB search engine friendly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are these forums 'search engine friendly'; so that things typed as messages are shown as keywords in search engines?
Well, you can use SEO modification plugin to get better ranking in search engines.
And what is the SEO?
thankies,
then how to I get that? Is that something I pay for or download?
You have seo mod here on mybb for download .... check out code modification forum !

As for mybb it is not pure seo friendly and it needs a little work on that field. Google for example is really hard to index it....
that is a excellant mod with limited features though, well the next version of it would be better if there is any update in it.
gogul Wrote:You have seo mod here on mybb for download .... check out code modification forum !

As for mybb it is not pure seo friendly and it needs a little work on that field. Google for example is really hard to index it....

Google has ZERO problems indexing mybb.
162,000 results from this forums
http://www.google.com/search?client=oper...8&oe=utf-8

12,100 results from my first mybb site...it was indexed within days of opening and continues to do well and rank well

http://www.google.com/search?hs=h03&hl=e...tnG=Search

A mod imho isn't needed.
Ye, actually, I typed in 'integrating the forum into my website' and MyBB came up pretty high; so I guess it can't be that bad Wink

But thankies, I'll have a look on the mods page for it
labrocca : I realize that over time forum will get indexed but earlier this year I installed one mybb forum and one punbb. Seo and getting backlinks was almost identical and google indexed threads of punbb much earlier. The same happened with another forum at lifetalkcafe.com and militarytalk.net It just don't get indexed fast. I own 30+ sites and I see the pattern of mybb getting indexed slower than the rest of sites which I really don't understand why.
Pages: 1 2